Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Temple, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I see the conduit for the transformers but no transformer.

1672422282587.png

I was there this afternoon and was literally stunned at the massiveness of both Buckees and the Tesla chargers. I counted 48. Wow.

There will be a day when all 48 will be full with Teslas waiting. The challenge with this big installation is how do you regulate a first come first serve basis when there is a queue?

And today I already saw the EXACT same problem for the gas cars in that place. Every pump was occupied and there were many cars simply circling around looking for an empty slot. How is that possible given that there are over 100 pumps? And then I noticed only a very small number were actually pumping gas. The rest of the cars were just parked at the pump and the drivers were nowhere to seen presumably inside shopping or eating. Many were parked idly for more than 15 minutes. Bucees needs to implement ‘idle fees’ 😂😂.

It was amusing to see cars waiting and circling at one end for several minutes looking for a spot and a new entrant occupies a recently vacated spot at the other end. Similar to the scene in a packed mall parking lot.

I don't know how to share a one minute video here that I took for the Supercharge site in Temple, TX.

The file is too large to be attached (60 MB). The other option is to share a link to the video in my Youtube account which I don't want to do for privacy issues.

Reactions: RickParker