Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Temple, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Talmen

Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2021
Abilene, TX
New listing on Tesla's "Find Us" page is showing a Supercharger coming soon to Temple, TX in Q1 2023. While their timing can always be a little (or lot) off, I have a hunch that this one is going to be at the Buc-ees there. The Temple store is listed on the authorization paperwork Tesla got from Buc-ees to install Superchargers at several of their stores.

However, there is no official confirmation on the actual site as of yet.

Temple, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Buc-ee’s
Along Primary Interstates: I-35
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-35

To: Waco, TX - 33.8 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Abbott, TX - 56.3 miles

Mini-splitter on I-35. One of the Buc-ee's in the agreement with Tesla..

Buc-ee's is really coming through for Tesla. I checked out the Madisonville version and they really outdo everyone else.

You could also look at it as Tesla coming through for Buc-ee's. We're a long way from EVs outnumbering petrol cars, but sending Tesla owners to Buc-ee's instead of down the street to a bakery or interstate restaurant is a big win for Buc-ee's.

City permit filed at: https://www.mygovernmentonline.org/permits/

Installation of Tesla Supercharging Station, within the existing parking lot. Installation of new PSU 2.0 Pre-assembled supercharger units and associated AC and DC equipment.

1669775373095.png

Are PSU 2.0 the new V4s?

Reactions: PStewart and CarlS
Waco is a complete cluster with all the construction. Gonna be that way for a while. Best to avoid, which Temple Buc-ee's will allow.

I was in Waco last weekend, and it looked like the I-35 construction was done. At least, coming from the south, I drove from Temple to the Waco SC and didn't hit any construction. The north bound lanes were all open.