TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger & Tesla app

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ribsandbbqbeef, Jan 12, 2014.

1. ribsandbbqbeef

Don't know if this is possible, but I figure since our phone's Tesla app is linked to the car, would it be possible to contact another MS owner's phone at an occupied supercharger station once the other person's charge is complete, so they can return & move their vehicle for the next MS? Maybe we can enter the occupying MS's VIN or license plate number that allows us to send a message through the app to that owner's phone? And it would just be a software update if that's possible.

2. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

You would think a simple push notification to the owner after any Supercharge completes would be very feasible...but there is no guarantee that all users would enable the push notification from the Tesla App.

3. Alexander

Alexander P# 8,878

That would be a nice feature. I had this happen to me at a public charging station a few days ago. Both cars just sat there, not even plugged in!

4. rlang59

rlang59 Member

Sorry but I disagree with this, I don't want random strangers contacting me on my phone because they can see my VIN number.

5. MarkR

MarkR Member

The idea of being notified by phone of a car's charge status has received support on other threads. My own belief is that we ought to be notified on our phones at 75% and 90% charge. I would not personally mind if another Tesla owner were able to call me from a Supercharger, but it needs to be an selectable option.

I'd also like to see Tesla install a direct phone link between Superchargers and the local police station so they can ticket non-EVs who are occupying a charging space.

Given the internet-connected nature of Teslas and use of GPS, it is likely possible to determine if a Supercharger space is occupied by a Tesla or a non-Tesla. If this is indeed the case, a buzzer or flashing light might make a offending non-Tesla driver less apt to park there.

6. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

This is a great idea - let TM proxy the communication so nothing is revealed about the owner.

...although I have never had a problem supercharging in DE.

7. ribsandbbqbeef

Great idea ! That's actually even easier than my suggestion, if the app will notify / ring / buzz the owner when the charge is almost complete. I also like your idea of the flashing light & buzzer for spots that get ICED.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

"Dear owner of VIN 12345,
    Your car is only charging at 90 kW. Can you please come by and unplug it so that I can charge at 120 kW?
    Thanks,
    VIN 12344"

9. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Dear owner of VIN 12344,
    Your car has an A battery and won't charge faster than 90 kW.
    VIN 12345

:)

10. YoteDown

YoteDown Member

Why would you need a pouch notification. I mean you can just check the app yourself and see where your at. Others may not want a push so pulling the data on demand like it is now is probably not going to change. Also at a supercharger you should now remaining time and should be checking the app and planning to return before its completed. Seems like everyone is over thinking all this.