Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tesla Meetup at V3 in Ocean City, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Maryland Tesla Owners, along with the Delaware Valley Tesla Owners and the Susquehanna Valley Tesla Owners are setting up a Tesla Meetup Ribbon Cutting at the new (first in Maryland) V3 Supercharger in Ocean City. We would love to have you all join us.
I am working to set up a schedule of activities and we have a nice oceanfront hotel at a group discount.

You can visit the Facebook Event page to keep up with the latest and contribute to the conversation and I will try to update this thread as well.

Facebook Event: Ocean City V3 Supercharger Meetup
Maryland Tesla Page: Ocean City Maryland V3 Supercharger Meetup – Maryland Tesla Owners
IMG_6462-GroupTOC.png

Here is the current Schedule Plan (still being worked)

Friday March 20th
Check in at Hotel (Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort Hotel and Conference Center) after 4pm
7pm Dinner (maybe at the Hotel (Schooners) or somewhere close)
9pm Food at the Atrium area – Swimming and lounging around the Pool

Saturday
8am – 9am Breakfast at the Hotel
11am Ribbon Cutting at the Tesla Superchargers
12noon Lunch at The Shark (reservation for 20, can do 40, if more, may move to a new venue)
2pm – Afternoon activity – Mini Golf or Games at Alley Oops or Bowling or TBD
6pm Dinner – Right now, we are looking at Seacrets
8pm – Drinks (Bar or maybe the Hotel)

Sunday
8am – 9am Breakfast at the Hotel
Check out before 11am

Come join us, stay at the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort Hotel and Conference Center

We have an oceanfront hotel, the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort Hotel and Conference Center at a discount rate. Rooms will go fast, so book early, cancel if you need to.
They have put a block of rooms in the system for us at a group discount, some Oceanfront Queen rooms at $129.00 plus tax, per night and a few Ocean View (side of the hotel) rooms, both King and 2 Queen beds, at $89.00 plus tax per night.
To make a reservation, call 1-800-476-9253, and ask for Group # 5005, Tesla Meet-up. Reservations are open daily from 9AM to 9PM.
They will hold these rooms until March 6th, at the discounted rate, and at that time, the block will be released. A one night’s stay deposit will reserve the room. If you need to cancel your reservation, you must do so at least 72 hours prior to the check-in date, otherwise you will lose your deposit.

See Ocean City MD Oceanfront Hotels Princess Royale Beachfront Hotel for Hotel Info, including amenities.

Just a reminder, anyone wanting to stay overnight on Friday or Saturday, the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort is only holding rooms for us to reserve until March 6th. After that, they could run out of rooms or not have them somewhat together.

We have an oceanfront hotel, the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort Hotel and Conference Center at a discount rate. Rooms
will go fast, so book early, cancel if you need to.

They have put a block of rooms in the system for us at a group discount, some Oceanfront Queen rooms at $129.00 plus tax, per night and a few Ocean View (side of the hotel) rooms, both King and 2 Queen beds, at $89.00 plus tax per night.
To make a reservation, call 1-800-476-9253, and ask for Group # 5005, Tesla Meet-up. Reservations are open daily from 9AM to 9PM.

They will hold these rooms until March 6th, at the discounted rate, and at that time, the block will be released. A one night’s stay deposit will reserve the room. If you need to cancel your reservation, you must do so at least 72 hours prior to the check-in date, otherwise, you will lose your deposit.
See https://princessroyale.com/ for Hotel Info, including amenities.

Kyle-Atrium1.jpg

Updates for OC Activity planning. So far we have 10 rooms booked at the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort for Friday night and 11 for Saturday night. I have reservations of Fager's Island Restaurant for 6pm on Saturday (I told them to expect at least 20-25, if we have more, I'll update them). Lunch will be at the Shark after the ribbon cutting. Still working on a Saturday activity for after lunch activity. Thinking Bowling or Miniature Golf at this point. Also, I was thinking maybe doing Dinner at the Hotel on Friday (for those who come early), Breakfast, Saturday and maybe a Happy Hour on Saturday night (maybe that could be near the pool). And maybe Breakfast for those who stay until Sunday. Talking with Princess Royale about that. Thoughts?

If anyone who needs: Charging Options in OC (source PlugShare App):

Ocean City Supercharger (site of Saturday’s Ribbon Cutting)
12830 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, MD 21842
- standard Tesla rates

6 Stall 250 kW Superchargers (note that nearby Salisbury has 6 Stall 120 kW Superchargers)

Princess Royale (where many of us will be staying, let share )
9100 Coastal Hwy. Ocean City Md. 21842
- “The Princess Royale has two Tesla High Power Wall Connectors (up to 80A). Outdoor Level 1 (120 volt) wall outlets on the concrete support beams on the second, third, fourth and fifth floors of the parking garage. Also six 120V outlets near the top of the ramp to the roof (level 6), all together mounted on the wall closest to Coastal Highway, which seem to be enabled only at night.”

2 - Tesla 8 kW Tesla Destination

Ocean City Convention Center
4001 Coastal Hwy.,
Ocean City, Maryland 21842
- paid parking, but charging is still free -

2 - CHAdeMO 50 kW, 2 - CCS/SAE 50 kW, 2 - Tesla 16 kW Tesla Destination, 2 - J-1772

Ocean City Municipal Parking Lot #2
10000 Coastal Highway Ocean City MD 21842
“There are 2 j-1772 chargers here. Cost for the parking lot is $10/day summer through October 31st. Free 2-hour passes from the library.”, so maybe free now.

2 - J-1772

Ocean City‎ Recreation Complex
204 125th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842
- “No charge for parking in the off season. Sign says $2/hour but Parkmobile app says $2.50 first hour then $2/hr up to 12 hours”

2 - J-1772

Hilton Oceanfront Suites
3200 Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842
- available to Hilton Hotel guests

2 - Tesla 16 kW Tesla Destination, 2 - J-1772

Atlantic House Bed and Breakfast
501 N Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842
- available for patrons. Please see the front desk.

1 - Tesla 8 kW Tesla Destination

Ocean City Municipal Parking #1
799 S Philadelphia Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842
- $4 hour to charge on ParkMobile plus $0.50 fee

2 - J-1772

ALoft Ocean City
4501 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842
- “Two chargers available at the hotel”, I would ask the hotel.

1 - J-1772

I also added it to the event page: Ocean City V3 Supercharger Meetup

Updates for OC Activity planning. So far we have 10 rooms booked at the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort for Friday night and 11 for Saturday night. I have reservations of Fager's Island Restaurant for 6pm on Saturday (I told them to expect at least 20-25, if we have more, I'll update them). Lunch will be at the Shark after the ribbon cutting. Still working on a Saturday activity for after lunch activity. Thinking Bowling or Miniature Golf at this point. Also, I was thinking maybe doing Dinner at the Hotel on Friday (for those who come early), Breakfast, Saturday and maybe a Happy Hour on Saturday night (maybe that could be near the pool). And maybe Breakfast for those who stay until Sunday. Talking with Princess Royale about that. Thoughts?

Only a few rooms left at the Princess Royale (see post above for reservation information). Don't forget to bring your bathing suits :)

In the "early" days, I attended a number of these informal ribbon cuttings, along with an official one (Charlottesville, VA) in which Tesla Motors was represented. Our calendar just cleared up, so we plan to join the festivities. 2 of us. Not sure if we'll drive the S or the X. Have made reservations at the group hotel for Friday and Saturday nights.

• Love
Reactions: JD T

UPDATE to the Ocean City V3 Supercharger Meetup event (https://www.facebook.com/events/241422780197933/): Due to the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak and for the sake of prudence, we have decided to postpone the Official Ribbon Cutting Event for the Ocean City Maryland Superchargers. This event will be rescheduled for a future date.

If anyone would still like to meet up, several of us will be staying at the hotel Saturday night and doing lunch on Saturday, a caravan drive and nature walk (weather permitting), hanging out at the pool, and dinner at Fager’s. This will no longer be considered an official club event and those that want to come, we insist, must be healthy and have no known exposure to COVID-19 (or flu) or high risk for disease complications. If you are not planning to join us, please switch yourself on the event response from “Going” to “Interested” or “Not Going”. Personally, I (Jeff D Taylor) am planning on being there early Saturday and staying until early Sunday. I will be putting out more information soon for those who still want to join us for the informal meetup. Please, the situation is changing rapidly so pay attention to posts for updates. Those not going, don't forget to cancel your reservations and I will post again with an update before Tuesday, so those with a reservation can make a last-minute decision.

Thank you all, and keep a watch out for a future event when circumstances allow.

• Informative
Reactions: theflyer