Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grapevine, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here 5+ times now and haven’t seen close to 250kw even once. Barely breaks 100kw on a good day. Here now as a matter of fact, and my 2019 Model 3 SR+ is currently charging at 63kw and I just plugged in with 20% left starting out.
Not sure why it’s charging so slow if it truly is V3...

OK, I charged here today at noon and hit a max rate of 223 kW in my 2021 Model 3 LR AWD. It had 3 miles to warm the battery before arrival with outside temp of 71°. Battery was at 19% when I started charging. it ramped up to 223 kW pretty quickly and started falling off and was down to 212 kW by the time I was able to take a pic. It was at 223 kW for 10 seconds at most and stayed around 212 kW for many minutes before tapering down slowly.

It took 20 minutes to charge from 19 - 72%.

Nice new store.

Pic is at 212.

Grapevine SC 20210505_121803.jpg

Nope. SR+. 30% batt. Preconditioned from 30 miles away. Never more than 50KW at start, then settled in at about 43, then tapered off to 35 until I had to leave. As a certain bald headed wabbit hunter might have said, "something scwewy is going on here".
I would understand a "break in"period, then come in, inspect, retorque the high current connections and maybe then let 'er rip.
I retorque all the connections in my breaker panel every year. They can walk out. Kids, don't try it at home, though. TXU turns off my meter remotely, I pull the BIG master disconnect and torque away. TXU will turn me back on within minutes. I have gotten almost a quarter turn from the main lugs. I do the same at my transmitter sites and have yet to have a failure. (400A 480V 3phase).

Reactions: Mark57
From the City of Grapevine weekly e-newsletter…

New Supercharger Station
This new Supercharger station serves Tesla drivers in our Dallas/Fort Worth market. Situated just north of DFW International Airport at 1001 Northwest Highway, this is the first V3 Supercharger in the DFW metroplex. The V3 Superchargers meet quick dwell time needs, delivering 75 miles of charge to a Tesla Model 3 in five minutes.

Is that a V3 with 250 KW?

I believe it is billed as 250KW. I've had some screamingly fast charges, upwards of 190 KW. But with the heat here, it may be derated. I've had to back off on the demand at my building at the request of the local power company.
Don't know the reason for today's outage, although this is the first really hot spell since commissioning.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
I believe it is billed as 250KW. I've had some screamingly fast charges, upwards of 190 KW. But with the heat here, it may be derated. I've had to back off on the demand at my building at the request of the local power company.
Don't know the reason for today's outage, although this is the first really hot spell since commissioning.
Heading there in 1 hour. Keep you all posted

So glad this new location went in as V3…

It’s not likely that much of the existing fleet will see a significant improvement from 300kw, but good to have some future-proofing for coming models with 4680’s.

So glad this new location went in as V3…

It’s not likely that much of the existing fleet will see a significant improvement from 300kw, but good to have some future-proofing for coming models with 4680’s.
can't rely on Teslarati to be entirely accurate with headlines.
The actual tweet from Elon didn't mention V3 at all, "Supercharger network is being upgraded to 250kW to 300kW"
They just inferred that from 250 being mentioned first.
This is how we got to the Model 3 having a spectacular HUD from a tweet that just said "its like a spaceship" :cool:

Reactions: byeLT4 and CarlS
Was there Sunday 8/29/2021. #1 unit started charging for about 3 minutes then tripped offline reporting error with "charging system". Disconnected and retried, immediately came up with same error. Moved to Door Number 3 and charging started immediately no problems.
Then I noticed this morning, I was not charged for the 90 or so miles of charge I got at number 3.
There were five Teslas charging when I arrove, and I waved four cars off of #1 while I was charging. I guess these things report when there is an issue, or de we need to alert Tesla>

• Helpful
Reactions: TexasDuke