Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grapevine, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great! They had not started work on the 4 on the East side when I was there. The presence of the primary fuses and wiring to the transformer is great progress. They obviously won't close those fuses until the meter is set and they've run a megger on the primary and the secondary after more secondary connections are made.
Excelsior!

Pics from today.
20210123_152700.jpg
20210123_152934.jpg
20210123_152712.jpg
20210123_152628.jpg
20210123_152625.jpg

Attachments

• 20210123_152934.jpg
    20210123_152934.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210123_152712.jpg
    20210123_152712.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210123_152700.jpg
    20210123_152700.jpg
    751.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210123_152628.jpg
    20210123_152628.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20210123_152628.jpg
    20210123_152628.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 67
6srxl1xmRr2cX62SPtdIcg.jpg
1LEptSwZRGesT71UArtI+g.jpg
VkF74IqYSUmdHWXZurTMDQ.jpg
X3nf7YgIQX6k0CSqi5oHMg.jpg
X3nf7YgIQX6k0CSqi5oHMg.jpg
6hEJquz%TkyP26WY3X0i0A.jpg
Photos from today, Jan 29th, Friday

Note the the signs that are labeled "General Parking limited to 30 mins" on each charging space on all but one sign of 12.
Note the big white palleted boxes are switches and the black box is the transformer. Soon to be mounted.
Note the green transformer on the back side still doesn't have the meter from TXU.
Note the electrical foreman assured me that the SCs won't go hot until the City green tags the store, then, a few days later - All TESLA equipment (pedestals and such) are on site. in the container. Said approx not longer than 60 days. Of course if the store holds up that can change. They will be installed and wrapped in plastic. Foreman mentioned this is the first V3 they've installed, he was jazzed to learn that.
Note, the foreman had no idea what was going in the north side. He speculated that it appears to be footings for lights. I don't think so. Maybe other EV chargers, nah.... maybe covered parking . . . ? I didn't see any conduit 6(or so) footings so I speculate covered parking at this point. Anyway, we are all excited. Keep you posted.

PS. In exchange of all my photos and discussion, please leave me shaded spot in the summer. . . . . :)

Store electricity is on. Rear (North) construction is awning footings. All pedestals installed and wrapped. ETech is contractor from CA. multiple crews in based out of California. Waiting for cable to wire pedestals, switches and transformer. Transformers pad being poured today, set tomorrow. Knowing this Contractor's crew knows the process does suggest that they can set exceptions. Electrical Foreman says they'll be out of there in days. Rest of opening up to the Store's process. I think we'll be charging in less than 30 days. I for one enjoy learning all things Tesla, it's been fun watching this go up. Enjoy
WA987wLrS7u8sFv3Qaab6g.jpg
DZTP7wf0RlGHByQ%8T0OsA.jpg
JLFSSoK2QVWxLUJ3atqk2A.jpg

Store electricity is on. Rear (North) construction is awning footings. All pedestals installed and wrapped. ETech is contractor from CA. multiple crews in based out of California. Waiting for cable to wire pedestals, switches and transformer. Transformers pad being poured today, set tomorrow. Knowing this Contractor's crew knows the process does suggest that they can set exceptions. Electrical Foreman says they'll be out of there in days. Rest of opening up to the Store's process. I think we'll be charging in less than 30 days. I for one enjoy learning all things Tesla, it's been fun watching this go up. EnjoyView attachment 633276View attachment 633277View attachment 633278

Did they give any hint as to their next job? :)

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus and CO_MY
Appears the Superchargers are done at this location. The convenience store is not open yet. Probably will be soon!

Notice the Utility company transformer isn't set yet. It's the raised pad on the N/W corner of the building. But they did pour the last bit of concrete earlier this week. I don't think it will be open until the store is up and running making way for all the store's vendors stock shelves and gasoline (whatever that is) is in the ground. We are all so anxious. Rick

Confirmed not powered yet but getting close.

It’s going to be so nice to finally have a more consistent SC experience. (Now they just need to upgrade/augment other current V2/uSC sites)

My sense is all SCs going forward are going to be like these... I just surfed around on the map buttons and I think all of them are 250 kW. Makes sense to pay up to have the faster turn in the charging stalls now that Tesla is viable. They are starting to retro fit some like Waco and soon the Galleria Houston. I think Galleria was originally a 72kW. Enjoy the wait.

FLASH!

Best news I've had since the Shore Patrol fell down the forward torpedo room hatch...

I met the owner, Nasser (-or?) as I was taking a peek. VERY nice guy. He predicts 10 days or less to Opening Day.
There are 3 4160-480V transformers on the property. The Main unit feeding the store is metered and on. He said he had gotten his first bill already!
There is another for the car wash. Meter installed, I believe.
The S/Cs have their very own personal transformer near the Joule Dispensers on the West side. ONCOR (local power distribution czars) had a crew working on it, doors ajar, wires everywhere.
No time for pix, but the site looks pretty much like the last batch.
Nasser said the car wash will have the "soft" brushes. He was aware of the paint controversy. However, comma, he also said the machine will have a "ceramic" option (?) and he had a guy who would be there who would professionally install a ceramic coating - hand wash, clay, ceramic coat, the works.
The Good Ship Venus celebrated its first birthday last week, has been washed a dozen times by hand, and still has factory new look.

So that's the poop as of Noon 3/3/2021.

And remember - Real men wash their own cars!

Some updated photos as of Saturday afternoon. As shown previously, Superchargers are uncovered and look ready...

Mar 6 pic1.jpg

Looking East toward Great Wolf...

Mar 6 pic2blur.jpg

While I was there they were running a street sweeper through parking lot as seen by dirt patterns in picture above and below...

Mar 6 pic3.jpg

All cabinets closed and transformer set and apparently all buttoned up...

Mar 6 pic4.jpg

Looking West towards car wash...

Mar 6 pic5.jpg

What appears to be covered outdoor dining area overlooking Superchargers on West side...

Mar 6 pic6.jpg

There's still work going on inside and landscaping left to do, but getting closer each week.

nice to see such a large SC site in the heart of the metroplex. Will be handy for folks local or traveling through DFW .... Southlake is too small of a SC and often crowded as people charge & shop and Arlington Ballpark is a mess with the Esport stadium being a covid vaccination site and access/ traffic bad depending on what day. Dallas is tiny and hard to navigate + slow urban chargers and Fort Worth is ICE'd by general parking often...