TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - The Dalles, OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by emupilot, Jul 11, 2014.

1. emupilot

emupilot Member

The Dalles, Oregon has a new Coming Soon dot on the Tesla Motors Supercharger page for good reason: the permit was issued July 7th!

Oregon Permits Database

Record 565-14-001407-ELEC

2114 W 6TH
    THE DALLES OR 97058

Project Description:
    INSTALLING 1600AMP SWITCHGEAR FOR CHARGING STATION AND INSTALLING 3 FEEDERS FOR SUPERCHARGERS AT COUSIN'S

The contractor is ADK Electric, which did several other superchargers in the region.

2. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Great find! I just sent this thread along to be added to the map.

3. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

I stopped late this afternoon while returning from Monterey. Very Good News! Construction progress is rounding the final turn. Personnel working on site expect to be complete Friday, with Inspection & Commissioning next week. They were very optimistic the site would be up by month end. I will try to post some status photos tomorrow.

4. Vger

Vger Active Member

Just stopped by ourselves, also coming back from Monterey and headed to Clarkston. They were doing the final wiring; connecting the main feeds from the transformer. There are five stalls, like Ellensburg (one unpaired). Work is being done by our old friends ADK. One of the guys in a truck gave us a big grin as soon as he saw our car, and said: "I guess it can't come soon enough!" Ain't that the truth! 5aradana.jpg y9egyvan.jpg

5. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

Just curious about where you are stopping to charge for this trip, as I'm going to be making the trip from Lewiston to Portland next month. The best place I have found is in Walla Walla at Abeja Inn, but cannot get a hold of anyone there to verify that the HPWC is still available for use. That HPWC would make the charging for that trip minimal. The other choice is at the Crow Butte State Park, but it may be full this time of year.

Thanks for the pics.

6. Vger

Vger Active Member

We begged our way into Abeja. The HPWC is there and mostly working at full power (had some fluctuations and power-limited at the end, maybe due to nearby thunderstorms), but they clearly prefer to reserve it for guests. We had driven from Berkeley, CA to Hood River, OR yesterday-- our longest distance day so far-- almost 700 miles and six superchargers! We charged overnight at the Best Western in Hood River, using the one 14-50 they have on the side wall of the small conference centre.

7. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Here are a couple more construction photos. This is a great ! ! ! A friend who works in the Tri-Cities and commutes to Portland every weekend told me today he no longer has any reason to not to order his Model S.

Stalls:
    Stalls.jpg
    Equipment:
    Tesla inverters.JPG

8. Lump

Lump Active Member

Cute little pet area too.

9. napabill

napabill Active Member

John and Molly Abbott (winemaker/marketing at Abeja) are good friends. We're planning a trip there next fall (after BC this fall). Great wines. We used to have a winery in WW, since sold. John was winemaker there when we opened it in the 90's (Canoe Ridge.) They're good people. And the owner of Abeja is the retired CEO of Portland General Electric, who has retired and lives in the main house on the property.

10. Benz

Benz Active Member

Any chance that this Supercharger station will go live in the next few days (before August 1st, 2014)?

11. Vger

Vger Active Member

I would say it is touch and go. Looked like the work could be done by now, but maybe it depends on the inspection and commissioning. Tesla usually now gets the pin on the map (in the car and on the web) the same day it goes live, so keep looking!

12. ChrisPDX

ChrisPDX Member

In the local Tesla group, somebody talked to the general manager there and confirmed construction just wrapped up. The manager says the inspection will be on Thursday or Friday. Will be a close one for you assuming there are no inspection issues.

13. CraigW

CraigW Member

My wife and I will be using this location on 7 AUG, on the way to Spokane. If there are any problems, we will let this website know.

14. xray

xray P85 6313 - X Res 3450

cool. planning on using this in late August. Hopefully there are no delays.

15. Benz

Benz Active Member

Any update on the inspection?

16. Phil Gorski

Phil Gorski Member

Yes - that was me and I heard back from her today. It's Official - The Superchargers are Live. See the note from the GM at Cousins below:

Phil-
    Tesla charging station officially open at Cousins Country Inn!
    There will be a grand opening next Saturday the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] at 1pm.

We are ready for you to visit!!
    Addie Case
    General Manager

17. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

Cousins is a good location.

supercharge.info reports it as live on Aug. 1st. Tesla Motors web site still doesn't acknowledge its existence.

Has anyone used it since it went live?

18. emupilot

emupilot Member

The web page for The Dalles now redirects to the sign in page which usually indicates the web page will be live within a couple days. I haven't seen any reports from Model S owners trying out the new supercharger.

19. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Next one should be Hermiston .... Thoughts ?