Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - The Dalles, OR (LIVE Aug 2014, 5 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Dalles, Oregon has a new Coming Soon dot on the Tesla Motors Supercharger page for good reason: the permit was issued July 7th!

Oregon Permits Database

Record 565-14-001407-ELEC

2114 W 6TH
THE DALLES OR 97058

Project Description:
INSTALLING 1600AMP SWITCHGEAR FOR CHARGING STATION AND INSTALLING 3 FEEDERS FOR SUPERCHARGERS AT COUSIN'S

The contractor is ADK Electric, which did several other superchargers in the region.

The Dalles, Oregon has a new Coming Soon dot on the Tesla Motors Supercharger page for good reason: the permit was issued July 7th!

Oregon Permits Database

Record 565-14-001407-ELEC

2114 W 6TH
THE DALLES OR 97058

Project Description:
INSTALLING 1600AMP SWITCHGEAR FOR CHARGING STATION AND INSTALLING 3 FEEDERS FOR SUPERCHARGERS AT COUSIN'S

The contractor is ADK Electric, which did several other superchargers in the region.

Great find! I just sent this thread along to be added to the map.

I stopped late this afternoon while returning from Monterey. Very Good News! Construction progress is rounding the final turn. Personnel working on site expect to be complete Friday, with Inspection & Commissioning next week. They were very optimistic the site would be up by month end. I will try to post some status photos tomorrow.

Just stopped by ourselves, also coming back from Monterey and headed to Clarkston. They were doing the final wiring; connecting the main feeds from the transformer. There are five stalls, like Ellensburg (one unpaired). Work is being done by our old friends ADK. One of the guys in a truck gave us a big grin as soon as he saw our car, and said: "I guess it can't come soon enough!" Ain't that the truth!
5aradana.jpg
y9egyvan.jpg

Just stopped by ourselves, also coming back from Monterey and headed to Clarkston.
Just curious about where you are stopping to charge for this trip, as I'm going to be making the trip from Lewiston to Portland next month. The best place I have found is in Walla Walla at Abeja Inn, but cannot get a hold of anyone there to verify that the HPWC is still available for use. That HPWC would make the charging for that trip minimal. The other choice is at the Crow Butte State Park, but it may be full this time of year.

Thanks for the pics.

Just curious about where you are stopping to charge for this trip, as I'm going to be making the trip from Lewiston to Portland next month. The best place I have found is in Walla Walla at Abeja Inn, but cannot get a hold of anyone there to verify that the HPWC is still available for use. That HPWC would make the charging for that trip minimal. The other choice is at the Crow Butte State Park, but it may be full this time of year.

Thanks for the pics.

We begged our way into Abeja. The HPWC is there and mostly working at full power (had some fluctuations and power-limited at the end, maybe due to nearby thunderstorms), but they clearly prefer to reserve it for guests. We had driven from Berkeley, CA to Hood River, OR yesterday-- our longest distance day so far-- almost 700 miles and six superchargers! We charged overnight at the Best Western in Hood River, using the one 14-50 they have on the side wall of the small conference centre.

We begged our way into Abeja. The HPWC is there and mostly working at full power (had some fluctuations and power-limited at the end, maybe due to nearby thunderstorms), but they clearly prefer to reserve it for guests. We had driven from Berkeley, CA to Hood River, OR yesterday-- our longest distance day so far-- almost 700 miles and six superchargers! We charged overnight at the Best Western in Hood River, using the one 14-50 they have on the side wall of the small conference centre.
John and Molly Abbott (winemaker/marketing at Abeja) are good friends. We're planning a trip there next fall (after BC this fall). Great wines. We used to have a winery in WW, since sold. John was winemaker there when we opened it in the 90's (Canoe Ridge.) They're good people. And the owner of Abeja is the retired CEO of Portland General Electric, who has retired and lives in the main house on the property.

I stopped late this afternoon while returning from Monterey. Very Good News! Construction progress is rounding the final turn. Personnel working on site expect to be complete Friday, with Inspection & Commissioning next week. They were very optimistic the site would be up by month end. I will try to post some status photos tomorrow.

Any chance that this Supercharger station will go live in the next few days (before August 1st, 2014)?

Yes - that was me and I heard back from her today. It's Official - The Superchargers are Live. See the note from the GM at Cousins below:

Phil-
Tesla charging station officially open at Cousins Country Inn!
There will be a grand opening next Saturday the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] at 1pm.

We are ready for you to visit!!
Addie Case
General Manager

Yes - that was me and I heard back from her today. It's Official - The Superchargers are Live. See the note from the GM at Cousins below:

Phil-
Tesla charging station officially open at Cousins Country Inn!
There will be a grand opening next Saturday the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] at 1pm.

We are ready for you to visit!!
Addie Case
General Manager

Cousins is a good location.

supercharge.info reports it as live on Aug. 1st. Tesla Motors web site still doesn't acknowledge its existence.

Has anyone used it since it went live?

Cousins is a good location.

supercharge.info reports it as live on Aug. 1st. Tesla Motors web site still doesn't acknowledge its existence.

Has anyone used it since it went live?

The web page for The Dalles now redirects to the sign in page which usually indicates the web page will be live within a couple days. I haven't seen any reports from Model S owners trying out the new supercharger.