Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Thornton, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No supercharger indication in Tesla website?

Attachments

• scthornton.png
    scthornton.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
Stopped by an hour ago. I just got HW3 yesterday so needed to go somewhere to calibrate the cameras and this seemed like a good spot.
Like Morrison hiker it wouldn’t precondition and while charging it appeared that billing wasn’t active but after leaving I got the notification of a charge on my CC from Tesla which is fine but wanted others to be aware it’s not free electrons like Idaho Springs was for a while.

• Informative
Reactions: HillCountryFun
Can you trick the car by setting the destination to the Peña supercharger and then heading to the one on 120th, or will it realize the jig is up and stop preconditioning if you get far enough off course?
We tried that in the past and chose Silverthorne instead of Idaho Springs but it didn't start preconditioning. I suppose we could've tried the Denver location in this case.

We tried that in the past and chose Silverthorne instead of Idaho Springs but it didn't start preconditioning. I suppose we could've tried the Denver location in this case.

Thought Pre-conditioning only happened with V3 (about 10 miles out). This site not being on Tesla's Supercharger map probably also not in the Pre-con database. Trying to trick it with a diff SC not likely to work.

Preconditioning is for a pretty short distance, usually less than 30 minutes out. I can set nearby superchargers and go tangentially to them for a bit when it's cold soaked and get a false pre-con, but Silverthorne is way too far from Idaho Springs to pre-con. The other thing with pre-con is that it's dependent on the temperature of your battery. So if your battery sits outside overnight at 10ºF and you drive straight to a charger, you'll need like 30 minutes, but if you've been driving around and it's 60º out, you may only need 5-10 minutes. Target temperature for the battery is generally between 70-90 IIRC, so the closer you are to that, the closer you need to be to a charger to pre-con.
I guess it's moot now that this one is open, but just for future info.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker