Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Thousand Oaks, CA - East Thousand Oaks Blvd (re-opened May 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are those cars charging? Or just thinking they are charging. The power isn't done and won't be for weeks. Here are a few pics from this week.

Attachments

• IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2561.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2562.jpg
    IMG_2562.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2563.jpg
    IMG_2563.jpg
    718.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    633.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2565.jpg
    IMG_2565.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2566.jpg
    IMG_2566.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 114
Anyone know why the location of the Thousand Oaks SC is on teslas site is not accurate. Its being built in Westlake. Will Tesla also be building one 2 miles north in Thousand Oaks at the mall?
I could see them putting a SC in the TO mall as well, but the Westlake Promenade is technically located in Thousand Oaks even though people refer to it as Westlake. So Tesla’s site seems to be accurate.

9BFDCB0F-FF14-4E50-9A81-60C1A27C7394.jpeg
The cabinets are finally all in place. Quite a bit more wiring needed.

Attachments

• A5ED8A23-0C81-4F18-8F93-DE8BE7A61F85.jpeg
    A5ED8A23-0C81-4F18-8F93-DE8BE7A61F85.jpeg
    669.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 1BBF6F30-3B95-47E5-BA5E-869524023ED0.jpeg
    1BBF6F30-3B95-47E5-BA5E-869524023ED0.jpeg
    913.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 1F74EC84-65E7-40A8-9CDA-A2C3E7BB4F05.jpeg
    1F74EC84-65E7-40A8-9CDA-A2C3E7BB4F05.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • 359C45E0-8B6D-4EE7-A710-EB1390593269.jpeg
    359C45E0-8B6D-4EE7-A710-EB1390593269.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
As I said above, I visited this mall around 1pm on New Years Eve and it was insanely crowded, with a line of cars up and down every lane looking for a spot. Expect icing, and probably try to avoid during the holiday shopping season, as just getting in and out may take awhile.
What do the signs say? Do they allow 30 minute general parking? Heck, there is icing now on the latest photos WITH the signs up, unless those are people who truly know that they are not operational.

Reactions: rrosenbl
As I said above, I visited this mall around 1pm on New Years Eve and it was insanely crowded, with a line of cars up and down every lane looking for a spot. Expect icing, and probably try to avoid during the holiday shopping season, as just getting in and out may take awhile.
What do the signs say? Do they allow 30 minute general parking? Heck, there is icing now on the latest photos WITH the signs up, unless those are people who truly know that they are not operational.

Sounds like an opportunity for some Culver City SC red paint (if not the more standard green paint), ample signage including municipal no parking signs, an active towing contract, and a holiday valet for good measure.

The unnatural attraction to malls and shopping centers for SCs in the Southwest Region is... unfortunate. But evidently easier. There must not be enough parking at fast food and casual food establishments, all of which would be much more in line with the current business model.

As others have posted in the other Thousand Oaks thread (I cannot take credit for this. I'm just starting the thread), there appears to be a second Supercharger confirmed for Thousand Oaks.

2200 E THOUSAND OAKS BLVD

This is at the mall called "The Lakes at Thousand Oaks" (aka "The Oaks").

Here is a screenshot of the approved permit. I could not find details, such as how many stalls, etc, but @Black_P85 says 20 stalls. Clicking the link says the permit was actually submitted 02/19/15. That's three years ago!!! Could that be correct? This does not make sense as typically permits expire. Am I just slow to the party and this has already been discussed and dismissed? @Black_P85 seems to have some inside info on this. I searched and search, including by parcel and address, but could not find anything newer than that.

upload_2018-1-13_16-7-55.png

As others have posted in the other Thousand Oaks thread (I cannot take credit for this. I'm just starting the thread), there appears to be a second Supercharger confirmed for Thousand Oaks.

Here is a screenshot of the approved permit. I could not find details, such as how many stalls, etc, but @Black_P85 says 20 stalls. Clicking the link says the permit was actually submitted 02/19/15. That's three years ago!!! Could that be correct? This does not make sense as typically permits expire. Am I just slow to the party and this has already been discussed and dismissed? @Black_P85 seems to have some inside info on this. I searched and search, including by parcel and address, but could not find anything newer than that.

View attachment 273195

the application date shows Feb 2015. That seems old.

View attachment 273195
The Lakes is not The Oaks. These are two separate centers. The Oaks mall is located at 350 W. Hillcrest Drive Thousand Oaks CA 91360. Website is The Oaks | Home Superchargers are going behind the parking structure near Nordstrom / food court.

Reactions: MonkeyTOGA
Moderator note: Sorry, but the 3 year old permit that @4SUPER9 found does not justify starting a separate thread with the idea that there will be two different Supercharge sites in Thousand Oaks. The thread has been merged with this existing thread. If and when a new permit or new construction shows a second Thousand Oaks Supercharger than a new thread can be started.

That said, if in fact I am the one who is confused here and there really are going to be two Superchargers in Thousand Oaks, please point me towards the permit that has been issued for the second site! Thank you.

Reactions: Chuq
Having lived in Thousand Oaks for 18 years, I can say the Lakes (2200 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd) would be a horrible location on any evening or any night where the adjacent Performing Arts Center has a concert. It is also not very "easy on -easy off" freeway access. The spaces will regularly be ICED and unavailable for Tesla owners. It is also way too close to the currently under construction facility at the Commons (this thread) to make any sense. The Oaks mall on the other hand has 1000's of spaces.

Having lived in Thousand Oaks for 18 years, I can say the Lakes (2200 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd) would be a horrible location on any evening or any night where the adjacent Performing Arts Center has a concert. It is also not very "easy on -easy off" freeway access. The spaces will regularly be ICED and unavailable for Tesla owners. It is also way too close to the currently under construction facility at the Commons (this thread) to make any sense. The Oaks mall on the other hand has 1000's of spaces.
I agree. Additionally, I'll note that the Promenade (this thread/SC in construction) and The Oaks (speculation/rumor/needs verifying) are less than 6 miles apart. I'm totally cool with Tesla loading up the Conejo Valley with superchargers and all, but I would be surprised if they really did build in both the Promenade and The Oaks.