Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Thousand Oaks, CA - East Thousand Oaks Blvd (re-opened May 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the meantime, while waiting 5 years for this to get passed, if we all stored a hammer in our frunk and hammered the ICE cars, they’d quickly stop parking there. It’s insane that they do this. Then again, the Century City mall has all these EV and Clean air vehicle spots and 99% taken up by ICE SUVs!

Dear friends, I DEEPLY apologize for this poor and inappropriate attempt at humor or sarcasm. My intent was not to seriously encourage bad behavior but it could be misinterpreted by some. I ask the moderators to please delete my inappropriate post and publicly apologize for lightheartedly saying poor things on a public forum. Thank you.

I don't think anyone reading your post actually thought you were serious or were encouraging bad behavior, though if I was on the verge of running out of power and could not charge because all the spaces were ICED, I would think about it....

I thought that too when I posted it but a thoughtful moderator sent me a seriously worded message indicating this type of joking is forbidden and suggested my access would be revoked possibly. I really hope not — didn’t mean to offend anyone.

• Funny
Reactions: GayForEllon
I thought that too when I posted it but a thoughtful moderator sent me a seriously worded message indicating this type of joking is forbidden and suggested my access would be revoked possibly. I really hope not — didn’t mean to offend anyone.
I wasn’t the least bit offended. Unfortunately in today’s charged climate climate you have to hold back.

With the implementation of urban charges in high-traffic retail areas it’s not hard to image the potential for problems with inconsiderate ICE drivers usurping spaces meant for EVs.

Again, Tesla needs to have an agreement with landlords that they will post signage that allows for ICE that park in their spaces can be cited and/or towed. Just my opinion.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I wasn’t the least bit offended. Unfortunately in today’s charged climate climate you have to hold back.

With the implementation of urban charges in high-traffic retail areas it’s not hard to image the potential for problems with inconsiderate ICE drivers usurping spaces meant for EVs.

Again, Tesla needs to have an agreement with landlords that they will post signage that allows for ICE that park in their spaces can be cited and/or towed. Just my opinion.

Yeah, the moderation, and I use that term apart from its usual meaning, is at best uneven.

Agreed re the signage for sure. A municipal no parking sign and an EV charging only sign (2 signs per stall) would go a long way.

As well, it would be nice if nationally, green paint gets the same tow-ability universally accorded red and blue paint. That could take a generation (think about how long seatbelt use took/still takes), so might as well get started now.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
I have some fear that many superchargers are going to have a long line near the holidays. It's also easy to imagine Tesla getting bad press about people getting "stranded" because they were waiting in line for electricity.

There are another 44 stalls being built within 10 miles of this particular station:
* Supercharger - Thousand Oaks (The Oaks Shopping Center, construction in progress, 20 “Urban” style)
* Supercharger - Calabasas (permit and location found, Tesla equipment crates onsite!)

More broadly, there are 40-stall SC sites on major corridors which, whenever I see a photo, are usually less than 25% full.

Used this SpC on Wednesday of last week and Sunday of this week on my trip from Carlsbad to Morro Bay and back. Didn't see any ICEing, but on Sunday there was a Model X parked head in at one of the back-in chargers, and of course not charging. Would think Tesla owners would know better, especially on a Sunday morning when plenty of parking spots were available in the main lot.

Like the location. Champagne Bakery is a great spot to get breakfast while charging up.

Doesn't it show in the car? Like when hurricanes flood chargers? Perhaps it only shows if they are working, not if they are evacuated.
It may show the correct operational status in the car, but in a situation like that area recently experienced, where there were two fast moving fires that were out of control for days and there were multiple areas of evacuation, it would be difficult for Tesla to know hour-by-hour whether or not this Supercharger and the one nearby on West Hillcrest were accessible or not, even if Tesla could accurately determine that they had power and were functional.

So I would not count on the in car nav map being accurate. Posting here and asking if anyone had used this Supercharger recently seems to me a very reasonable thing to do.

I’ll be driving from SF to SoCal next week and I was wondering if anyone knows if the Thousand Oaks Supercharger is up and running now. Those fires are devastating...
I would consider taking the I-5 down. You should be able to make it to the Kettleman City supercharger (a great visit if you haven’t already) plenty of options thereafter, such as Tejon or Glendale, depending on your final destination.

This seems like a bit of an oxymoron. Not that I am defending the ICErs behavior, but a lot of people would take exception to someone approaching them while videotaping.

A lot of people take exception to a vehicle parked in an unauthorized spot reducing access to one's power source. I can only imagine this ICErs reaction if an EV were blocking access to a gas pump.