Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Three Rivers, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I passed by Friday on my way down to Corpus and the fence was gone. Local news in Corpus announced it had opened. Link below. Im a few months from getting my own Model S but having a supercharger on my weekly commute makes me want to pull the trigger now. :(

Tesla Supercharging Station open in Three Rivers

The news report did not actually say it was open, they simply said some people discovered it. The part of the video showing cars charging was file footage, it was not taken at Three Rivers. Furthermore, Three Rivers does not yet show up on the Navigator, so I'd say they're really-really close to being done, but not proven until we see the lights on the arches.

The news report did not actually say it was open, they simply said some people discovered it. The part of the video showing cars charging was file footage, it was not taken at Three Rivers. Furthermore, Three Rivers does not yet show up on the Navigator, so I'd say they're really-really close to being done, but not proven until we see the lights on the arches.

When they showed the TESLA on an arch in the news report, it didn't appear to be lit. If anyone wants to check it out, I wouldn't rely on it being open.

The Corpus TV commentary was unambiguously positive. Now if they can influence the Texas legislature, maybe Texans will be able to buy Tesla in their own state.

Reactions: XHabjab

I passed by after posting on my way to San Antonio and all the construction equipment and fencing around the chargers was gone. So perhaps it just needs to be turned on? Are there usually events around a supercharger launch or does Tesla just turn them on without fan fare?

I passed by after posting on my way to San Antonio and all the construction equipment and fencing around the chargers was gone. So perhaps it just needs to be turned on? Are there usually events around a supercharger launch or does Tesla just turn them on without fan fare?
IME they are simply activated and locally organized fanfare, usually TMC-organized, follows. I have twice used newvSuperchargers that had not yet had any for,al announcement.

IMG_4009.JPG
IMG_4010.JPG
IMG_4011.JPG
IMG_4008.JPG
All, we finally made it down to Three Rivers but without the Tesla. The site is VERY nice and looks totally complete including the transformer, meter and gratuitous street lights. While the Manager said the charger was open the meter showed flashing zeros so I'm a little suspicious if it's really operational.