Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tifton, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was in contact with the contractor. He reported that the testing took place today and went well. He is not sure if Tesla opened the site to the public yet, but it should be energized. The paving and line stripping should be wrapped up this afternoon.

Last edited:
Wow; that is impressive; How did you manage to (a) identify the contractor and (b) track them down. Also was this the electrical contractor? I know in Macon GA, we heard reports that they were on, but then turned off, and then a supervisor who travels around the SC across the nation had to come in and make some modifications. . .Hope your source is right!

Tifton is operational! #100 for North America!

10313076_764738086882859_8997593029019182901_n.jpg

10522024_764738036882864_1563848920447605784_n.jpg

but it still only has the placeholder web page as of today. When will Tesla acknowledge operation at Tifton?

Tifton Supercharger | Tesla Motors

True. However I expect this page to go live before any others at the moment. If Tifton's page were to go live at the same time as Indio (or another location) I say the tie breaker would go to Tifton for being operational first. But you're correct. It technically isn't official, but I'm thinking the page may go live today?

So it sounds like this one isn't "technically" open. Message from Tesla when I told them I knew it was operational.

"We are awaiting our final inspections and finishing up some remaining construction items. We expect the site to go live sometime early next week. All Superchargers are immediately added to our website once they officially receive permissions to open to the public."

Thanks for the update from TM, Michael. Will be interesting to see if it still becomes US #100... Maybe they are planning the PR event and need a few more days.

Our man in Tifton reports that this entire site is down! Caution tape is wrapped around the plugs and the parking area entry is blocked by caution tape. airj1012 has sent an email to Tesla asking about it. This will be bad if any Model S owners are counting on it today ...