Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tifton, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tape and cones are confirmed gone as of an hour ago. And earlier today someone tried one of the stations (pulling the tape off) and it worked fine. We have no idea why it was done in the first place. Nor does Tesla, and they have contacted local authorities to see if it was their doing. It may have actually been a prank or some creative astroturfing by an oil biz investor :)

Tape and cones are confirmed gone as of an hour ago. And earlier today someone tried one of the stations (pulling the tape off) and it worked fine. We have no idea why it was done in the first place. Nor does Tesla, and they have contacted local authorities to see if it was their doing. It may have actually been a prank or some creative astroturfing by an oil biz investor :)

Well, then they should not be doing this more often and/or at other Supercharger locations too.

The Tifton Superchargers are located in the back parking lot of Starbucks. It’s just next to I75 so you are not wasting any time stopping to charge and getting back on the highway if you are making a road trip. Drive between Starbucks and Olive Garden to the back of that parking lot and you will see chargers to your left. Lots of places to walk and eat. They recently opened a Springhill Suites by Marriott hotel right next to chargers and there is a Hilton Garden Inn home just next door if you need to charge and stay overnight.

Attachments

• B8BF4075-4C80-4F5A-94C6-06E4CB37FA2A.jpeg
    B8BF4075-4C80-4F5A-94C6-06E4CB37FA2A.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Keep an eye on this location for upgrades. This week Tesla upgraded several sites on the I-95 corridor, to relieve congestion, and I think this site is a candidate for the same upgrade. It would just get a few more pedestals, like 2 or 4. And no, not v3, but maybe v2.5 :)

I can confirm that Tifton is being upgraded from 8 to 10 stalls. They’ve added two more chargers and shifted all the other chargers to make room (the parking lot stripes will need to be redone.)

The new back-end equipment still says 135KW so no V3 upgrade for now. Not sure if this project is prepping the site for future V3, but that’s not happening today.

Attachments

• 9FAD473E-5B1A-4DE7-885E-38D531C4768B.jpeg
    9FAD473E-5B1A-4DE7-885E-38D531C4768B.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 78
  • A1C05CAC-F51A-4CE7-819B-3EF0B209685E.jpeg
    A1C05CAC-F51A-4CE7-819B-3EF0B209685E.jpeg
    699 KB · Views: 95
  • D801FFFF-13EB-485A-A45C-4723F9C78469.jpeg
    D801FFFF-13EB-485A-A45C-4723F9C78469.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 75
  • C9EA0483-7758-43FF-938E-DDA801285EFD.jpeg
    C9EA0483-7758-43FF-938E-DDA801285EFD.jpeg
    538 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
That’s 24 minutes round trip. Time to get back to your car because this is a busy station.
True - but would add if you've got a (foldable)bike you're looking at about 6min / .4mi per google.

My play when road tripping is often to do 100% charges at SCs that are walkable/bikeable to a gym (specifically LA or Lifetime, as that's where I've got memberships). For my S75 that typically gives me about 1½ hours, which is almost a spot-on fit to the time I need to get to/from the gym, workout, shower, and be back before I'm idling.

That's why I started tagging SCs as "gym friendly" so others who wanted to blend a workout in with a charge could have a central listing on applicable locations...do not know of any other resource that tracks this.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisC
True - but would add if you've got a (foldable)bike you're looking at about 6min / .4mi per google.

My play when road tripping is often to do 100% charges at SCs that are walkable/bikeable to a gym (specifically LA or Lifetime, as that's where I've got memberships). For my S75 that typically gives me about 1½ hours, which is almost a spot-on fit to the time I need to get to/from the gym, workout, shower, and be back before I'm idling.

That's why I started tagging SCs as "gym friendly" so others who wanted to blend a workout in with a charge could have a central listing on applicable locations...do not know of any other resource that tracks this.
The point is that it’s a busy station that fills up at peak times and has some stations that go offline (see PlugShare). Tying up a busy station for 1.5 hours while you charge to 100% is inconsiderate behavior.

I figured I'd share this picture I found on PlugShare, which shows a very tiny sticker on the pull-in pedestal informing you it's "Intended for trailers. Please use last." I noticed the sticker last time I was here. I don't really think there's enough space on the roadway for a trailer, but a PlugShare comment says there's access to this site via another roadway. It isn't obvious when arriving at the site, so I'd stay around your vehicle to let people know if you do charge with a trailer.

1666732549222.png

1666732714242.png

1666732942608.png