Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tigard, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model 3 in Portland last weekend and this was my first urban supercharger experience. I was so excited! Did some shopping and topped my car off for less than $1, pretty surreal.

7080A1C6-6C9E-423A-96FE-8596AAC924EA.jpeg
E29E2768-E5FA-4027-BE3C-763632A9AA84.jpeg
F87C0402-4195-42B4-8FA6-0E1BBE0C5AE4.jpeg
EAECF8FF-F7D5-48CF-B703-F4D653946A7D.jpeg

A user on Supercharger Info is suggesting that a Supercharger is currently under construction at a WalMart in Tigard.
Walmart has been partnering more with Electrify America recently. Judging by the video
, the transformer tubing looks a lot like it’s from an Electrify America charger. As a matter of fact, this is definitely an Electrify America, because there is a location planned for here soon.

Probably EA. I doubt Tesla would put in another SC that close. Tigard is not a very busy location from the few times I’ve been there

Tigard is very busy on the weekends and was full during the holiday weekend on Thanksgiving and Christmas. With three Superchargers on the way for Seattle/Auburn/Tumwater I am curious when Oregon will get another. Anywhere would be cool especially Portland area or Madras! I wonder if Tesla will use another Fred Meyer for a Portland area Supercharger. Any Fred Meyer east of the west hills (downtown, NE, SE) would be used by a large swath of the metro area.

Tigard is very busy on the weekends and was full during the holiday weekend on Thanksgiving and Christmas. With three Superchargers on the way for Seattle/Auburn/Tumwater I am curious when Oregon will get another. Anywhere would be cool especially Portland area or Madras! I wonder if Tesla will use another Fred Meyer for a Portland area Supercharger. Any Fred Meyer east of the west hills (downtown, NE, SE) would be used by a large swath of the metro area.
A supercharger in Madras would be a great addition to central Oregon locations. Add Burns and Jerome which would open SE Oregon to Idaho and Nevada.

A supercharger in Madras would be a great addition to central Oregon locations. Add Burns and Jerome which would open SE Oregon to Idaho and Nevada.
Completely agree on a Burns SC or a Madras SC.

I did read that the City of Burns installed a 80A Destination Charger > 1 year ago. Which I will use the next time I travel towards John Day.
-TechVP

Amen to Corvallis/Albany. Any sort of level 3 charging would be a boon. That single CHAdeMO 12 miles away at hwy 34 and I-5 just ain't cuttin' it for me.
Hi Everyone. I just picked up a "cpo" Model S and plan to be driving from Corvallis to Portland/Seattle and up to Bellingham on occasion for work (i'm in sales). I look forward to sharing infomration with ya'll! I look foward to additional SC network locations along this route soon! Just used my first SC in Woodburn yesterday.

Reactions: Araman0
Hi Everyone. I just picked up a "cpo" Model S and plan to be driving from Corvallis to Portland/Seattle and up to Bellingham on occasion for work (i'm in sales). I look forward to sharing infomration with ya'll! I look foward to additional SC network locations along this route soon! Just used my first SC in Woodburn yesterday.
Welcome to the club! I drive from Corvallis to either Seattle or Whister BC 4-5 times a year and charging is no big deal, the JBLM/Tacoma/Seattle/Everett traffic is a much bigger wild card as to the time it takes.

So I might be moving to the area and won’t have at home charging. Couple questions that I couldn’t clarify.
Does this have free 24/7 parking(anywhere)?
Is there a parking garage with x amount of destination charges with a supercharger outside?

I might have to charge late night or over night so just weighing my options here depending on the restrictions!

thanks in advance!

Washington Square is a 10/10. It has plenty of free parking down in the downstairs. The only downside is it has 72 amp Superchargers that are mostly full. But there's plenty to do even eat lunch!
Agree. The 72 kW superchargers are in a free, unattended shopping center parking structure, open 24/7. It does get crowded during the day, but I have not seen it crowded at night except during the holiday shopping rush. The only restriction I have seen is the 40 minute limit sandwich board, noted in #50 above, which is put out at peak times. And of course there's the issue of overstaying once you've topped off.