Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tillamook, OR (LIVE Sept 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another new OneCall ticket on 8/9, this time for the underground horizontal drilling. Anyone see any activity this weekend?

Probably for drilling (or using a mole device) under the main road there to get power from the HT lines across the highway to the site without disrupting traffic much. The “locate” area seems larger than needed.

Done except transformer. Looks like still a roll of wire for going under road as @floatplane said. Workers are smoothing gravel today.
2279F7A6-7A08-4AB7-8D49-D8FAD768A29D.jpeg

AE811DD7-19E0-4207-B59E-4EA932BEA943.jpeg

F25C1BED-73BF-4CEC-B036-E845F3A95C11.jpeg

I am going from PDX to Tilamook in mid Sept...was gonna rent a model Y for the drive... What are odds this loc is finished by then? I've heard mixed reviews of other charging stations in the area from my family in the area ( who frankly dont get out much ). Any ways just dont wanna get out there and get stranded.

I expect this will be open by Labor Day weekend, but that's dependent on the utility installing the big green transformer.

That said, Portland to Tillamook is only 75 miles (airport is 85 miles). You can easily make it there and back without charging. If you're visiting the Tillamook Creamery, know that they have level 2 charging available. Tillamook Creamery Visitors Center | PlugShare

I am going from PDX to Tilamook in mid Sept...was gonna rent a model Y for the drive... What are odds this loc is finished by then? I've heard mixed reviews of other charging stations in the area from my family in the area ( who frankly dont get out much ). Any ways just dont wanna get out there and get stranded.
What Big Earl said.

If you are planning any touring up or down the coast you have probably already noticed the superchargers 49 miles north in Seaside or 44 miles south in Lincoln City. Both are also relatively short detours off alternative routes back to PDX. You'd just need to allow extra time.

A little local L2 charging would do the job if you are not doing a lot of other driving. All three L2 sites in town have been been getting good reviews from Tesla owners on Plugshare, with 10 kW reported at this parking lot and at the Blue Heron French Cheese Co.; 7 kW reported at Fred Meyer. Unless the entire town blacks out for the duration of your stay (unusual in September), that should provide enough redundancy. You will want to make sure the rental folks provide an EV plug (J1772) adapter.

I expect this will be open by Labor Day weekend, but that's dependent on the utility installing the big green transformer.

That said, Portland to Tillamook is only 75 miles (airport is 85 miles). You can easily make it there and back without charging. If you're visiting the Tillamook Creamery, know that they have level 2 charging available. Tillamook Creamery Visitors Center | PlugShare
In addition to this. I only use 33% on my MYP from near downtown Portland to Tillamook (Netarts). There are also chargers at Blue Heron and some public ones by the Safeway. You’ll be ok.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and otter
Moderator note: 22 posts regarding the power systems of V3 superchargers have been moved to this new thread:

A few other posts discussing the meta-issue of splitting the thread will be deleted in a few seconds.

Bruce.