Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tilton, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged there on Sunday (4/25) afternoon and pulled 240kW (briefly) at about 25% SOC.
I was pretty impressed as I could only get around 180kW max at Ashland a week or so earlier.
Ashland was at similar SOC, but temps might have been a little colder. Car had been preconditioning prior to both sessions.

Reactions: Snow Drift
I was in Tilton Friday afternoon when a green Ford pickup with two male passengers pulled into the spot between me and the only other Tesla.
The occupants spoke to the other Tesla driver briefly, then came over and told me, "this may sound crazy but we just installed a home theater system in the Lakes region and we have another system we need to unload," at which point I cut them off to say I wasn't interested. They then drove off.

Almost certainly it was a type of "white van scam." Beware! A new twist in the old 'White Van Speaker Scam' - Komando.com

It's at least the 4th time scammers have tried it on me, but the first time since 2015.

I was in Tilton Friday afternoon when a green Ford pickup with two male passengers pulled into the spot between me and the only other Tesla.
The occupants spoke to the other Tesla driver briefly, then came over and told me, "this may sound crazy but we just installed a home theater system in the Lakes region and we have another system we need to unload," at which point I cut them off to say I wasn't interested. They then drove off.

Almost certainly it was a type of "white van scam." Beware! A new twist in the old 'White Van Speaker Scam' - Komando.com

It's at least the 4th time scammers have tried it on me, but the first time since 2015.

I was the other Tesla driver at Tilton on Friday. I didn't know that scam had a name, but it was pretty clearly a scam. I also cut them off.

Nice to meet you, RiverBrick!

The Tilton supercharger was pretty nice - I got the highest charging rates (150-151KwH) I've seen on my Model S, easy off I93 and only slightly tricky making the left turn to get back on. Decaf coffee from Dunkins was OK until I got to the sludgy grounds at the bottom :(

Reactions: RiverBrick

Hahah, I remember those back when Iived in Boston. Frankly, in the Lakes Region, I am sure it is tempting to a lot of people.

The Dunkin Donuts is completely locked so you can't get inside. Drive Thru only. This is super tilting for supercharging drivers as not only does it eliminate bathroom access (didn't try the other businesses but DD would normally be the no hassle bathroom spot), but it also means you have to unplug and sit through the drive thru line if you want to get something there. I realize all these Covid issues are going away soon, but the move to drive thru only has been maddening for me for the last year. Even without the supercharging issue, I find it annoying!

Reactions: Tdreamer
The Dunkin Donuts is completely locked so you can't get inside. Drive Thru only. This is super tilting for supercharging drivers as not only does it eliminate bathroom access (didn't try the other businesses but DD would normally be the no hassle bathroom spot), but it also means you have to unplug and sit through the drive thru line if you want to get something there. I realize all these Covid issues are going away soon, but the move to drive thru only has been maddening for me for the last year. Even without the supercharging issue, I find it annoying!
Might have been horrible timing.
I was at that Dunkin Donuts about 3:30 in the afternoon and purchased a large coffee.
Walked to the Shell (or whatever) station for a restroom, though.

I charged there earlier this month. The DD is fully open and you can use the restrooms inside, no issue.
I have to apologize, on further inspection I actually charged at the Ashland SC, not the one in Tilton. It was the DD at the Ashland location that was fully open (bathroom and all). I have no idea about the situation at the Tilton location. Sorry!

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV and mociaf9
FYI For anyone traveling to the Lake’s Region this holiday…plan ahead. Almost got caught with my pants down after finding the entire Tilton SC network down. I usually hit Tilton on the way home to Mass after my weekly trip to Laconia. I was worried the problem was my vehicle so I contacted support (after trying each of the 8 units) and they confirmed it was the Tilton network and not my vehicle. Still, this morning, I see conflicting results as to the current status of Tilton depending on what app you use. Luckily I made it south to Hooksett with some range extending driving. Landed with 5%.
Happy holidays…safe driving.

FYI For anyone traveling to the Lake’s Region this holiday…plan ahead. Almost got caught with my pants down after finding the entire Tilton SC network down. I usually hit Tilton on the way home to Mass after my weekly trip to Laconia. I was worried the problem was my vehicle so I contacted support (after trying each of the 8 units) and they confirmed it was the Tilton network and not my vehicle. Still, this morning, I see conflicting results as to the current status of Tilton depending on what app you use. Luckily I made it south to Hooksett with some range extending driving. Landed with 5%.
Happy holidays…safe driving.
Next time go north to Ashland off 93. You could go straight to it from Laconia, and it is about the same 20 min driving time as going to Tilton (I get that Tilton is on the way home).

Reactions: jakieemma
Next time go north to Ashland off 93. You could go straight to it from Laconia, and it is about the same 20 min driving time as going to Tilton (I get that Tilton is on the way home).
From Methuen I can hit Hooksett or Tilton anytime during the trip, I drive by both of them. I drive up for a few hours and then head back home, about 150 miles r/t. On this day I chose to hit Tilton on the way home. When I realized the whole system was down I had two choices, I could arrive in Ashland with 11% or Hooksett with 4%. I knew I had a fall back with a ChargePoint in Concord so I rolled the dice and headed south. Ashland would have been the safest and smartest choice. No wind and sunny skies made the decision easier.

Reactions: Snow Drift