Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tinton Falls, NJ (Jersey Shore Premium Outlets)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a vacation home down in point pleasant beach, about 15 minutes from the outlets. I'm down for the next two weeks and will check in to see what the status is. This is a great spot for a Supercharger for people visiting the shore from points north.

About 2 weeks ago we were at the SC inTinton Falls and spoke to a nice gentleman working on putting in the chargers. I asked if they were doing Atlantic City next. He said nothing (no comment?). But then he did say that the next NJ site would be in Jackson, which I discounted. I mean, why Jackson? Anyway, today we ran into someone at a store in my town in Brick who described what sounds like a new SC at the Jackson Outlets off I-195. We should be free sometime tomorrow to take a look and take a pic (and of course it's pure rumor until I take the pic). By the way, the same gentleman told us that after that, there are 5 new SuperChargers going into Penn along I-80 & I-78.

Hoping our 70d goes into production this week. Due late Sept.

Jackson certainly would be a bizarre location. However The Jersey Shore outlets, and the Hagerstown outlets (as well as a ton of others) are both owned by the same company (Simon). It would also fit with the coming soon map. Perhaps Tesla struck a deal with them that if they wanted to put them at some of the good locations, they had to do Jackson (And perhaps others And perhaps the Crossings on I80!!!)

Just drove by the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets to take a look. There were four or five guys working on it, but when i asked them about the timetable, the "boss" said it would be two more weeks, because the electric company still has to do some work. So probably not ready until Labor Day....

Meh, everything north of I-195 should just be a different state. When someone says "Jersey shore" I think Cape May, Wildwood, Atlantic City, Avalon, Stone Harbor, Sea Isle... maybe LBI.

Meh, everything north of I-195 should just be a different state. When someone says "Jersey shore" I think Cape May, Wildwood, Atlantic City, Avalon, Stone Harbor, Sea Isle... maybe LBI.

I agree with this. North jersey smells too. That's the true armpit of America. South jersey should secede. North jersey can keep Christie. We're all eagles and flyers fans down here anyway.

Just got back from spending the afternoon driving around Jackson. ALL of Jackson. No SCs. Nothing. Sorry. I shall prepare to commit Internet Seppuku right after I apologise to my wife for using her TMC id to start a rumor. Jumped the gun. Believed what I wanted to hear. Hope nobody is in Jackson right now.

Just drove by the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets to take a look. There were four or five guys working on it, but when i asked them about the timetable, the "boss" said it would be two more weeks, because the electric company still has to do some work. So probably not ready until Labor Day....

Bummer. If anyone hears or sees any more updates, I'm especially eager to know. This location could make or break my ability to take the Model S on our next road trip, which begins 8/29. Edison & Hamilton will each be about an hour away from where we're going, and we will likely need to do a fair amount of driving up and down the Parkway over the weekend.

Same here. There's a S Jersey supercharger planned for 2015 that looks to be at ACE/GPS junction

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this. North jersey smells too. That's the true armpit of America. South jersey should secede. North jersey can keep Christie. We're all eagles and flyers fans down here anyway.

Hahaha...so true

I wonder if they are holding off turning this on because 'norfolk' was supposed to be the 500th supercharger online...(and if you haven't been following there was an accident where one of the electrical workers was electrocuted to death last week @ norfolk and they had to delay the 'grand opening of the world's 500th supercharger' ... if they turn this one on that may screw up #500?

I really hope thats not the case. It would suck if they were delaying the opening for a purely semantic marketing thing. They could always just turn it on but not have the opening of it for awhile.

I'd guess they're still waiting for inspections/approvals.

Still no power. Looks like the crew might be building some L2 chargers next to the superchargers. Lamp posts look like LED.
e7fbc080fd9cb213e66aefe0d43562b3.jpg
6c14c4e79d343717d7b36f05bbbabfa2.jpg

ea66fb42813040e57950a7be8c892ef3.jpg

Still Not Powered Up as of 9/2/2015

I stopped by there today. Light fixtures were in, but SuperChargers weren't powered up. There was one communications pickup truck at the eastern end of the smaller supercharger area parking lot but unknown if they are the build out contractor.