Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger-Tomah, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No updates since last Tuesday???
Okay,okay here you go.

I stopped by during my early Tuesday morning commute. Cabinet pad is done and SuC cabinets installed. No sign of switch gear cabinets or Transformer on site yet.
D048360F-48BE-4B46-B80F-039C47588D28.jpeg
CEF3F35F-D424-4D8F-80FF-92084D32E1E9.jpeg

My next update will be this coming Friday evening. Last Friday it was Pouring rain when drove by. I didn’t bother stopping.

Okay,okay here you go.

I stopped by during my early Tuesday morning commute. Cabinet pad is done and SuC cabinets installed. No sign of switch gear cabinets or Transformer on site yet.
View attachment 703808
View attachment 703809
My next update will be this coming Friday evening. Last Friday it was Pouring rain when drove by. I didn’t bother stopping.
Sorry, just getting anxious. Hoping to use on next trip to Waukesha. Thanks for your updates.

I stopped this morning. Some of the fence is down. Still no switchgear cabinets. Their seems to be delays with them for some reason. The transformer is installed.
A recent update in our Tesla owners of Wisconsin monthly newsletter stated this site won’t be ready for another Month. I do suspect there will be an end Q3 push to get it done though.
038B6B86-612C-4A0C-B887-A3E39EA08278.jpeg

September 21 early AM update: The light pole is up, otherwise no other visible change from last Saturday. No Meter housing yet. I expect it to be mounted to one of the Switch gear cabinets eventually. Fingers crossed in hopes there will be a end of Q3 push for this to go live. I've noticed previous end of Q's tend to have a mass number of sites go live in the last few days of each period.

Reactions: SparkyM3
It will be awesome to have V3 SCs on this route. Especially around the halfway point between MSP and Chicago.

Mauston and Eau Claire are regularly over half full and trolling at under 100kw on a V2 blows.
Also though I'm from Eau Claire originally and visit often I imagine they're a pain for travelers because they're one of the oldest chargers, which means on top of being slower, they're the quintessential "people are going to want to have stuff to do while they wait" chargers.

AKA, 5-8 minutes off the highway so there can be nearby eating/shopping. I think most of us just want to pee and get back on the road these days, and if that means killing the last 5 minutes on our phones, so be it.

Eau Claire is also an old charger in both senses of it. Speed AND location. It's one of those 5-8 minutes off the highway ones because "people will want something to do while waiting", even though now they're fast enough that usually I just want to pee and get back on the road and often even just that is enough time killed.

Ugh, so it did save that first post after asking to log in after all. Seemed to have just been sent into the void. Am I blind or is editing/deleting not an option?
As part of the forum's spam/abuse prevention policies, I think you need to have made like 5 or 10 comments before you get permission to edit or delete your posts. But even then, for normal (free) accounts you're only allowed to do so for like 15 minutes after you make a comment. After that point, you can't do anything.

We are headed out to Upper New England for a 12 day fall colors tour. We normally prefer mountain west vacations, but decided to do something different this year. The original plan was to tour the Canadian Maritimes but recent roll backs in non-discretionary travel through a wrench in that plan. So it will just be the State side areas to tour.
With that said, I won’t be providing updates for the Tomah location till Oct 19th. However, In all likelihood it should be up and running by then anyway.