Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger-Tomah, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought they had reopened the Canadian border to Americans. I wanted to do the exact same thing this summer but it was still closed. I ended up just staying in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, all of which I loved.
Canada is happy to let you in, but the US government won't let you out.

They were going to open them September 21st, but extended to October 21st.
Given that air travel will open up more November 1st, maybe this date will stick. Probably not afraid a mad rush to Canada in late fall:

I thought they had reopened the Canadian border to Americans. I wanted to do the exact same thing this summer but it was still closed. I ended up just staying in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, all of which I loved.
Since September 7 it’s Discretionary travel only for vaccinated and a Negative Covid test within 72 hours of crossing. Vacation tourism is non-discretionary.

Yeah, upstate NY, VT, NH, ME have been amazing so far. We went as far east as you can possibly go in the US. Quoddy head light house state park, Lubec, ME

Since September 7 it’s Discretionary travel only for vaccinated and a Negative Covid test within 72 hours of crossing. Vacation tourism is non-discretionary.

Yeah, upstate NY, VT, NH, ME have been amazing so far. We went as far east as you can possibly go in the US. Quoddy head light house state park, Lubec, ME
Well, after a relaxing 14 day 4300 mile trip to the NE region, it’s back to the grind again. I stopped in early this morning 10/19. I was really hopeful it would have gone live by now but that is not the case. The meter housing is there but no meter. I didn’t get out of my vehicle for a closer look, therefore I cannot confirm if the meter socket was present in the box.
05225AD4-84F6-4F64-A686-5B768E813A40.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9 and VikH
Glad you're back safely from your trip. Is the meter being installed and going live usually the last step before a Tesla tech comes out to test and activate?
Generally, yes. The meter goes on once all the inspections are completed. Then it’s a matter of the Tesla Tech testing and validation. If an issue pops up as was the case during the Escanaba MI testing phase, it could and weeks to getting up and running.

Hopefully this (and Menomonee) get turned on before Thanksgiving, otherwise I bet we will see waits during holidays at Eau Claire, Mauston, and Madison SCs.
Eau Claire and Mauston for sure. Madison has 2 recently opened 8 stall V3 locations although neither is as convenient to the interstate as the older V2 SCs on the east side. I waited for a few minutes at Mauston yesterday afternoon. US12 from the Dells is in good shape, no construction delays this last weekend. If I were traveling from Wisc Dells to Milwaukee or Illinois I would take US12 and use the Whitney Way SC.

Last edited: