Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Toowoomba, Qld

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to matthew on slack for the heads up here!

Tesla approved to install 'superchargers' at golf club

Tesla approved to install 'superchargers' at golf club
TOM GILLESPIE

28th Jun 2019 9:16 AM
Subscriber only
AMERICAN energy giant Tesla has been given approval by the Toowoomba Regional Council to install a "supercharger" in the car park of one of the city's golf clubs.

Council officers gave the company the green light this week to install its Tesla Supercharger at the City Golf Club, providing customers with the chance to charge up to five vehicles at once.

Precinct Urban Planning's James Williams told the TRC the change was minor in nature, as it did not substantially change the original development application from 2015 of "extension to outdoor sport and recreation".

"The proposed Tesla Supercharger will allow for the charging of five (5) electric vehicles within car parking spaces currently located on-site," he said in his planning report.

"The proposed change includes the installation of a new Supercharger cabinet, to be located in the garden bed adjacent to the existing carpark entry, and the associated cabling to connect the supercharger to the electricity network.

"Signage is also proposed to ensure that visitors are aware of which spaces provide the facilities for electric vehicle charging."

Ergon Energy also attached a letter confirming it had no objection to the installation of the supercharger.

Tesla claims on its website that the supercharger was the "world's fastest charging network", with batteries recharging within 30 minutes.

According to the website, no supercharger is currently active in Toowoomba.

With V2 5 would be 2 pairs and 1 lone which I am not aware has been done before. It could be a space issue with only 5 available spots but then I would expect 4 and a destination charger would be more likely.

With V3 being a 1MW charger, connecting 5 outlets would be the minimum allowing each to have full access to 250kW and would allow adding more shared posts quite easily in the future.

Did XXXX order a Tesla Semi? maybe they would like to trial it on a route to/via this charger?

Any idea when this might be installed and in operation? (Newbie MX 75D owner still with some range anxiety hoping to visit Toowoomba for the Flower Show)
I would be surprised if it was installed by September. I would plan on it not being there this year for the Flower Festival.
There is a QLD Electric Highway DC Quick charger in Toowoomba.
Electric Highway - Charlton/Toowoomba
10810 Warrego Hwy, Charlton QLD 4350, Australia

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
Google Maps

Reactions: Momentum1
Reactions: Momentum1
Not sure what you mean, but there's nothing happening there. The only marker on Tesla's map is the generic grey "coming soon" one for Toowoomba as a whole - and even if that one was accurate, it isn't near Grand Central.
Yeah, I messed up. The map says, "Target 2019", I jumped to the conclusion is was at Target, car park. LOL. Would make sense to be at the biggest shopping centre in town though, like Maroochydore.

Awesome! Do you have photos?

Credit for the photo goes to a friend who lives in Toowoomba.
Just the concrete slab right now.

Toowoomba.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq