Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Topeka, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@cjc9er, Who'd you talk to at the permit office? What was the phone number of the office you called. I could check back with them from a local perspective.

Sorry I didn't keep notes on the name of the permit office person. I just tracked down the general number from the permit office the last time I was in Topeka and posed the question to the woman who answered the phone for that department. Definitely worth asking again, though. It's been about 2 months, and a permit might have been filed since then.

I haven't tried the permit office again in Topeka, but here's their contact info. I did submit an item to the news desk at the Topeka Capital Journal encouraging them to look into it. Could be a worthwhile local economic development story now that the other chargers are in place marching across Kansas and Topeka is all that's left to allow drivers to reach Missouri.

I haven't tried the permit office again in Topeka, but here's their contact info. I did submit an item to the news desk at the Topeka Capital Journal encouraging them to look into it. Could be a worthwhile local economic development story now that the other chargers are in place marching across Kansas and Topeka is all that's left to allow drivers to reach Missouri.

I've heard through the grapevine that the paperwork is in process.

The rumored location is a hotel parking lot near the I-70 exit of 6th and Wanamaker. This makes sense on multiple levels, offering walking access to many restaurants and shopping areas and proximity to I-70 east-west, Highway 75 north-south, and the I-470 bypass, which also feeds the turnpike heading to Wichita. That means there are about 8 candidates to check out:

Hyatt Place
Candlewood Suites
Clubhouse Inn and Suites
Country Inn and Suites
Super 8
Holiday Inn Express
Comfort Suites
Sleep Inn and Suites

All of these are within about 4 blocks of each other between 10th and 6th on the west or east sides of Wanamaker. Anyone in the area want to take drive by to look for signs of construction activity or call the Topeka electrical permit office? We have to be getting close at this point...

Gomer Pyle style..... Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Confirmed by the store via a phone call. ... as reported by '2club' over at TM on their supercharging forum, supercharger at the Arby's in Topeka Kansas.

The site IS under construction and not finished yet.

I've requested photos and will post on TMC as soon as they arrive!!

Yes... get more photos ASAP!

It seems Tesla had almost slipped another one by us..... !

I'm sure there are more out there and it always amazes me that a few aren't reported until they are under construction or nearly complete. Amazing that local press isn't on it, I guess they just can't see the big picture. The paradigm shift that's underway. Yes, we are in the earliest stages, but the shift is taking place and it maybe one of the largest paradigm shifts in history.

Last edited:
Gomer Pyle style..... Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Confirmed by the store via a phone call. ... as reported over at TM on their supercharging forum, supercharger at the Arby's in Topeka Kansas.

Great Sleuthing! Thanks!!

Which Arby's? There are four in Topeka. I assume that it is the one at 5930 SW Huntoon St, which has the best on/off access to I-70, but please confirm. See Arby's in Topeka, KS - Google Maps for reference.

Didn't see the update on the location until today, but ran some errands over lunch and saw it. Here are some pictures of the Topeka Supercharger under construction.
20140919_130232[1].jpg
20140919_130223.jpg
20140919_130229.jpg
20140919_130235.jpg