Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Toronto Eaton Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I was guessing - thanks Ryan.

This lot is actually a bit cheaper than the ones a few blocks south in the Financial Core. There the daily max is $25 and up. But the daily max is kind of irrlevant since it is unlikely you would leave your car in the SC spot all day long. L2 chargers are fine for that and there are dozen in the Financial Core in Bay-Adelaide, Brookfield Place, FCP, TD Centre, etc.

This doesn't appear to be on PlugShare yet.

Just curious. I work in the Bay Adelaide Centre and I did notice there's L2 chargers there. Unfortunately the daily parking rate is too high in the building for me to consider using. Is there any buildings nearby i can charge my upcoming Model 3 car that are more affordable that you may be aware of?

Just curious. I work in the Bay Adelaide Centre and I did notice there's L2 chargers there. Unfortunately the daily parking rate is too high in the building for me to consider using. Is there any buildings nearby i can charge my upcoming Model 3 car that are more affordable that you may be aware of?
Plugshare has pretty much all of the chargers listed so check that out if you haven't already. Parking in the main complexes around Bay-King is about $25-$30 per day and that is pretty consistent and pretty much all of them have L2 chargers. That Eaton Centre rate is actually pretty cheap for downtown and if you are willing to walk a few block you can save some money - like west of Simcoe Street or east of Victoria Street.

Do you drive to work every day, or are you just looking for someplace to change once or twice a week? If it is the latter then I would just go the Eaton Centre on a weekly basis and get your charge in a half hour or so. But Eaton Centre doesn't make as much sense for work parking as you are supposed to move after your car is charged

Plugshare has pretty much all of the chargers listed so check that out if you haven't already. Parking in the main complexes around Bay-King is about $25-$30 per day and that is pretty consistent and pretty much all of them have L2 chargers. That Eaton Centre rate is actually pretty cheap for downtown and if you are willing to walk a few block you can save some money - like west of Simcoe Street or east of Victoria Street.

Do you drive to work every day, or are you just looking for someplace to change once or twice a week? If it is the latter then I would just go the Eaton Centre on a weekly basis and get your charge in a half hour or so. But Eaton Centre doesn't make as much sense for work parking as you are supposed to move after your car is charged

It's more of a one-off. I take the train in to downtown but i figured if i drove in on occasion, i might have a decent place to charge as my go-to. I guess i'll pick the eaton centre. Although charging at the eaton centre would probably charge me a fee using the supercharger (at the tesla rates) as oppose to using a L2 charger. I assume most are free in the building!?

Yes, most of the L2 chargers are fee. Some of the places are cheaper if you arrive early. For example One York St, just south of the ACC is $20 before 8:30 and has several EV chargers. That isn't cheap, but you are probably paying at least $10/day to take the train so the incremental cost isn't too bad and you get to enjoy your car.

• Informative
Reactions: pmich80
It's more of a one-off. I take the train in to downtown but i figured if i drove in on occasion, i might have a decent place to charge as my go-to. I guess i'll pick the eaton centre. Although charging at the eaton centre would probably charge me a fee using the supercharger (at the tesla rates) as oppose to using a L2 charger. I assume most are free in the building!?
There are two free l2 chargers in the parking lot under dundas square. You just pay for the parking.

I was downtown a few weeks ago (on a Sunday) and I parked at Scotia Plaza (it is listed as 40 King West but the parking entrance is off of Adelaide). Parking was $10 flat rate and they have a bunch of free L2 chargers. I can't remember how many km/hr I was getting there but I think it was around 40km/hr.

I also think they have a 4 hour max limit for charging, but it is still a decent option on a Sunday.

Most of the places are fairly reasonable on Sat-Sun or at night. If I lived downtown and needed a place to charge I would use one of those buildings on the weekend.

Speaking of all of this "supercharging"... I know there was a thread with about 90 pages to it regarding supercharing permanently reducing charging speed. Anyone know if there was a conclusion on the topic?

Saw this on PlugShare this morning
66B3DD47-6CBB-4498-A9F2-532C27A36B9C.jpeg

MX75D charging rate at Eaton Centre. All things considered, not bad. 22% to 88% in 48 minutes. Cost me $10 in parking. It's a fairly reasonable spot. The KSI charger near me is $20+ in addition to parking, so I'll happily take it. Meanwhile, my condo board that said "Yes, sure you can install a charger" is backtracking rapidly.

Attachments

• IMG_8388.jpg
    IMG_8388.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 89
MX75D charging rate at Eaton Centre. All things considered, not bad. 22% to 88% in 48 minutes. Cost me $10 in parking. It's a fairly reasonable spot. The KSI charger near me is $20+ in addition to parking, so I'll happily take it. Meanwhile, my condo board that said "Yes, sure you can install a charger" is backtracking rapidly.
How much will it cost you to install a charger in condo building?

How much will it cost you to install a charger in condo building?

Obviously this will vary based on your own circumstances, but installation at my condo looks like this:

$2500.00 for the sub-meter from Enercare
$3800.00 for a 40 AMP Leviton charger with installation (electrical room on parking level one, my spot is on parking level two)
$??? legal fees for an amendment to the title of the parking space to reflect the installation of a charger

$1000.00 rebate from the Province.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Obviously this will vary based on your own circumstances, but installation at my condo looks like this:

$2500.00 for the sub-meter from Enercare
$3800.00 for a 40 AMP Leviton charger with installation (electrical room on parking level one, my spot is on parking level two)
$??? legal fees for an amendment to the title of the parking space to reflect the installation of a charger

$1000.00 rebate from the Province.

Can you share the electrician/company you've used for the install? The price you've listed is a lot less than what I was quoted. Have you put question marks for the legal fees because you don't know the exact amount yet?

This site happens to be an exception to the fact that "Coming Soon pin positions are meaningless". It just so happens that this site is probably less than 100m from the pin location - as that is the distance from this site to city hall.

Just a little update on the FLO chargers, as of yesterday night they were still not working!
42DA5C03-3FB5-4D2E-A046-4AF047B8E400.jpeg

Attachments

• 9556DDB6-D21E-4B20-8C8F-BE99DB91FC5F.jpeg
    9556DDB6-D21E-4B20-8C8F-BE99DB91FC5F.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 72
I'm wondering of who will be the users of the new downtown location?

Six months later...FLO chargers and CHAdeMO are up and running.

It seems to be mostly people shopping at the mall, and people who work in the vicinity. I work around Queen & Yonge and can walk to the garage in 10 min, so I've been there 4 times in the past couple of weeks, mostly because I got my Model 3 recently and want to get some driving time instead of taking the train.

It's a pretty quiet spot, often only 1-3 stalls in use per-level. I have seen some cars park there all day, but I guess since it's so quiet there's minimal threat of idle fees. Speaking of idle fees, this isn't the best location to get back to quickly (the mall is quite large, you have to take elevators to the parking level), so if you are wanting to avoid them make sure you start heading back to your car 10-15 min before it's supposed to finish depending on where you are.

I tend to park in a spot close to the Supercharger when I arrive and then come back to plug in later in the afternoon so that the charging is done by the time I'm ready to leave. Given that I have 6 months of free Supercharging, I might as well use it.

Parking prices have gone up since the summer. Currently it's $17/day if you are in before 9:00 am, or $20/day if you enter after 9:00, which is still good amount less than you'll pay a couple of blocks south in the Financial District. I pay $20/day for the train, so $17 and free (for now) charging works for me.

That evening rush hour traffic though...oh.my.gawd! It's like you can actually feel your sanity slipping away, minute by minute. :mad:

That evening rush hour traffic though...oh.my.gawd! It's like you can actually feel your sanity slipping away, minute by minute. :mad:

I worked in Yorkville for 9 years (left last year) and would have to come south along University to get onto the Gardiner everyday. I live in the west end (south Etobicoke). The drive to get onto the Gardiner was typically about 45 minutes to an hour and then the drive once on the Gardiner was about 15-20 minutes, so I feel your pain!!!

Reactions: swotam
Recently, the Toronto Dominion (TD) Centre installed 20 Tesla Chargers in its garage, following 5 FLO charging stations installed in October. Don’t know why they installed destination chargers because that isn’t usually what CF does, but it does respond to demand. This location is closer to highway, though kitty corner to the already existing at the Eaton. (Photo from PlugShare)
8A620506-B4CE-476F-A358-731A89002600.jpeg

Ive used the Eaton centre tesla charge station. Yes you have to pay for parking (varies depending on day of week and times), it's on P2. Entrance is off Bay St near Canadian Tire. Only bummer is that they do charge you idle fees too...which means u gotta stop ur shopping and move your car after an hr lol...