Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Toronto Eaton Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you enter this parking lot? Off of Bay St near city hall between Dundas St and Hagerman St? I have only ever used the other entrance that is essentially an extension of Shuter St that runs right into the parking lot?

And for all of those folks surprised that no one noticed these - it is very likely that they had hoarding up that completely blocked the view. So it is not like you can look through a chain link fence and see what is going on.

How do you enter this parking lot? Off of Bay St near city hall between Dundas St and Hagerman St?
F6F53DEE-90A5-4596-9A98-7E9B44FCD204.jpeg

Off Bay south of Dundas, at the Impark icon.

• Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP
That's what I was guessing - thanks Ryan.

This lot is actually a bit cheaper than the ones a few blocks south in the Financial Core. There the daily max is $25 and up. But the daily max is kind of irrlevant since it is unlikely you would leave your car in the SC spot all day long. L2 chargers are fine for that and there are dozen in the Financial Core in Bay-Adelaide, Brookfield Place, FCP, TD Centre, etc.

This doesn't appear to be on PlugShare yet.

That's what I was guessing - thanks Ryan.
This lot is actually a bit cheaper than the ones a few blocks south in the Financial Core. There the daily max is $25 and up. But the daily max is kind of irrlevant since it is unlikely you would leave your car in the SC spot all day long. L2 chargers are fine for that and there are dozen in the Financial Core in Bay-Adelaide, Brookfield Place, FCP, TD Centre, etc.
This doesn't appear to be on PlugShare yet.
We will have to wait till Mondayif it doesn’t show up today (likely)

Most urban 72kw chargers don't say A or B on them correct? These do have A and B which makes me think they're shared 120kw connections. Hopefully they won't be occupied all the time and people will get their maximum charge rates. For $3.50/20min of parking you can get a decent amount of charge.

I wonder if most people will sit in the car to charge and then move the car to avoid idle fees..

Reactions: PLUS EV
For some reason these are called the Toronto - Bay Street Superchargers. I wonder why that is since the Eaton Centre is on Yonge Street, not Bay Street. Maybe to avoid confusion on other Superchargers that are to be built on Yonge St?

It appears that there are sixteen at this location. Does anyone known if they are the new urban ones or the older style?
It's in the parkade accessible on Bay Street near Canadian tire. It's not in the Eaton centre proper parking lot. Bay-dundas parkade.

I was there before Christmas and saw a BIG sectioned off section. Peaked in but saw nothing and for some reason don't think I mentioned it here. Or maybe I did.

Anyway it's here. Eaton centre proper is red. Green is cantire and some other stuff. Southern part of the green is the parkade. Yellow arrow is where you enter. Bay st.
Screenshot_20180325-235236.jpg
Screenshot_20180325-235441.jpg

As I was driving around this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I periodically was checking the local GTA superchargers to see how busy they were... some anecdotal notes...

1. Vaughan and Sherway were consistently the two busiest.

2. Did't see the new one in use once (Toronto -Bay)

3. Pickering (which has come in handy for me twice) was getting very limited use.

4. Lawrence has a pretty consistent flow of users.

I'm wondering of who will be the users of the new downtown location? I don't really see it as a viable stop for someone travelling along the QEW-Gardiner corridor. I know we have a lot of folks who live downtown in condo's and whatnot... I'm wondering if they will use these ones (although with the parking rates, maybe not). Time will tell.

Reactions: MarcoRP
As I was driving around this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I periodically was checking the local GTA superchargers to see how busy they were... some anecdotal notes...
1. Vaughan and Sherway were consistently the two busiest.
2. Did't see the new one in use once (Toronto -Bay)
3. Pickering (which has come in handy for me twice) was getting very limited use.
4. Lawrence has a pretty consistent flow of users.
I know we have a lot of folks who live downtown in condo's and whatnot... I'm wondering if they will use these ones (although with the parking rates, maybe not). Time will tell.
pretty much lines up with what I see whenever I travel or check the map, which I do almost everytime i'm in the car out of curiosity so I can get a feel for the patterns to see what superchargers to avoid 2 or 3 weeks hence when I'm on a roadtrip.

So far my rule is 'avoid Lawrence, enjoy everywhere else' . Waiting for 10,000 model 3s to be on the road so we can see what that does to the current supercharger network. Think it will be clogged? Or will the cost deter just enough people? We kind of thought it was overkill to put 20 superchargers at Pickering...or Barrie2, but maybe they will be running 80-90% capacity most of the time. We'll see.

I also think that is exactly who will use the downtown locations...downtown condo/no driveway people. Not always, but periodically when they need a blast of energy they'll pay the $7 bucks for 35 minutes and 250kms of range and be on their way. Otherwise they'll sniff out free level 2 charging.

Reactions: Struja
I also think that is exactly who will use the downtown locations...downtown condo/no driveway people. Not always, but periodically when they need a blast of energy they'll pay the $7 bucks for 35 minutes and 250kms of range and be on their way. Otherwise they'll sniff out free level 2 charging.
This will be interesting to see. I would think that for a condo dweller that L2 works almost as well and once you have paid for one hour of parking it doesn't cost much more to park for the rest of the day. So if I lived in a condo downtown I would figure out which one of the downtown L2 chargers gives pretty good charging speed and park there for the full day on Saturday or Sunday when I am not using my car.

Nothing like seeing a SuperCharger in 4K resoution!
Thanks, I always want to make my videos at the highest resolution with the best quality. It's also 60fps if you can toggle that.

Thanks for the video. Simplified parking lot directions: enter and keep right.
Thanks, I did the directions part because sometimes these chargers can be hard to find.