Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Toronto Eaton Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm giving GTA Tesla owners an F- on this one.

As you should. I walk through the Eaton Centre every day at least twice. I have also speculated that the chargers would be in there, given Tesla's predicted downtown location marker. I have thought a few times to wander around the parking garage to see if anything was happening, but didn't. That was obviously a mistake.

I'm with others here though--there is nearly a 0% chance I would ever use those chargers, given that I charge at home and there are level 2 chargers in two government owned/operated "Green P" parking lots on either side of the Eaton Centre, both of which have cheaper parking rates and are (slightly indirectly) connected to the Eaton Centre through the underground PATH. I suppose, if I were coming to work for an hour and needed to go somewhere immediately afterward that was further away than the 70% charge I normally keep my Model S at, or if I had not charged for a while for some reason and wasn't going right home, I might nip in there for a bit in an emergency. But that's pretty unlikely. Frankly, I'm not sure anyone will, but now that--CANADIAN MODEL 3 ORDERS ARE OPEN--I suppose some apartment dwelling Model 3 owners might flood the place in desperation.

Is there parking fee involved? All the superchargers I’ve been to has been free parking regardless the locations.

I suspect you will have to pay.

I have seen other superchargers in paid parking lots (usually airports) where they comp you the parking fee if you show that you're in a Tesla going to charge, but I doubt that is going to happen at the Cadillac-Fairview malls (e.g. the Eaton Centre).

• Helpful
Reactions: Richgoogol
For some reason these are called the Toronto - Bay Street Superchargers. I wonder why that is since the Eaton Centre is on Yonge Street, not Bay Street. Maybe to avoid confusion on other Superchargers that are to be built on Yonge St?

It appears that there are sixteen at this location. Does anyone known if they are the new urban ones or the older style?

For some reason these are called the Toronto - Bay Street Superchargers. I wonder why that is since the Eaton Centre is on Yonge Street, not Bay Street. Maybe to avoid confusion on other Superchargers that are to be built on Yonge St?

It appears that there are sixteen at this location. Does anyone known if they are the new urban ones or the older style?
Tesla website says 120kw, indicating the older, red and white chargers. However, the website has been known to be inaccurate at times

Holy Moly! Now this is what I am excited about! I cannot believe we missed it. Now, for someone else to check.
C9BBD1BC-043F-4BBB-8EFE-2B41A00B5439.png
5AF2AFE7-49C1-491D-BB1D-9C3AB0AE4CE8.png

That's right! We finally have a Supercharger downtown Toronto. The only downside is that we will have to pay to charge as its located in the mall parking lot. Rates are reasonable on weekends but during the week it can get expensive. Nothing like the Mott St Supercharger in Manhattan that was $28 USD an hour.

I plan on visiting today and will post pics later. According to TESLA's site its not an urban charger so we will be getting full speed at this location.

Happy Charging!

I noticed that too.

Yonge Street is "the longest street in the world" (note: not really), I guess, so odds are high there will be another one on it sooner or later...

Tesla's original map placeholder marker was west of the Eaton Centre, more behind Old City Hall, which does have street access to Bay Street, so I assume they just kept the "Bay Street" moniker from the placeholder.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP