Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Toronto Fairview Mall, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

An update by @121GWTS for a Supercharger under construction at Fairview Mall in Toronto! Now just to see where it is exactly. Great news!
67C9CF43-CC93-421D-8AC5-366671E4F838.jpeg
EFF1CE51-BD53-4539-B6D0-7C7EC95A5E9A.jpeg
7B4E4F48-7663-4691-9BA3-194BB1AFC459.jpeg

Well they will need to ticket them swiftly and consistently just like at Vaughan mills and pretty soon word will get around not to park there. It’s the only way. This location was badly needed with the Lawrence SC now past capacity.

They do a lousy job of that for the regular chargers at Fairview. They are almost always ICEd. Plus, Vaughan has way more parking space, Fairview is very constricted. I'm worried this will be a lousy location.

In addition, does this mean they are removing the planned Yonge/Sheppard location? Damn...

Shouldn't this be called the North York Supercharger to avoid confusion as the North York charger was announced in 2017?

The location is no surprise at all as this was one of the main sites speculated as it is a Cadillac-Fairview mall like many other locations in Canada.

Shouldn't this be called the North York Supercharger to avoid confusion as the North York charger was announced in 2017?

The location is no surprise at all as this was one of the main sites speculated as it is a Cadillac-Fairview mall like many other locations in Canada.
Then what about CF shops at Don Mills?

Reactions: Lex
What about it? Is there a SC under construction there? They are only about 5 km apart so I don't think you really need SCs at both locations.
You would expect Tesla to choose Don Mills as a replacement for Lawrence since it’s only a Highway across. Or maybe even move the Superchargers there when they discontinue Lawrence

Reactions: Blu Angel
I am guessing that they are more likely to just have Fairview as the sole location in North York. They are supposed to build a SC in Scarborough as well and that isn't too far away from Lawrence either, assuming that it is near the Scarborough Town Centre.

Well they will need to ticket them swiftly and consistently just like at Vaughan mills and pretty soon word will get around not to park there. It’s the only way. This location was badly needed with the Lawrence SC now past capacity.
Over the holidays Vaughan Mills was iced (16 of the 20 spots) I waited almost half an hour for a spot.
I spoke to the "Police issuing tickets" and was told that they are simply warnings and not real tickets.
They are not able to issue a real ticket for parking in a Tesla spot.

• Informative
Reactions: Lex and MarcoRP
You would expect Tesla to choose Don Mills as a replacement for Lawrence since it’s only a Highway across. Or maybe even move the Superchargers there when they discontinue Lawrence
Great idea!
I also believe Shops of Don Mills would have been a better location than Fairview Mall!

Over the holidays Vaughan Mills was iced (16 of the 20 spots) I waited almost half an hour for a spot.
I spoke to the "Police issuing tickets" and was told that they are simply warnings and not real tickets.
They are not able to issue a real ticket for parking in a Tesla spot.
These gutless mall owners afraid of annoying their ICE customers.
What's the deal with Tesla and mall operators?
Who pays for the Tesla SCers...Tesla or mall landlord?