Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tracy, CA - West Grant Line Road (LIVE 21 Apr 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PADDA

Satin Black
May 15, 2021
Bay Area
Found a new supercharger location for Tracy, CA on Tesla's website. HERE

Capture.PNG

Their implementation of eTrakit is the worst I have come across. Can only search by permit or address and it will only show 25 results. If all you have is an address and there have been more than 25 permits filed over time, there is no way to narrow down further without knowing the actual permit number. Otherwise you have to figure out the permit number based on type and manually try different permutations to find what you need. And it logs you out every 5 minutes.

So far I have eliminated Target as a location (at least based on the address of 2800 N Naglee). They have an open permit for 2 EVSE and a parking lot restripe so search all other similar permits from 2021 the 2800 N Naglee address does not show up. That mall and Target seem like the best location but without an address, you'd have to go through each and every commercial permit until you find the right one.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
I emailed the City Manager who connected me with the Economic Development Manager who said superchargers are part of a planned retail development at the International Park of Commerce (Hansen south of 205 looks to be the center) that is currently being processed by the city. He did not have a timeline and said it would be up to the developers. It is an 1800 acre warehouse development with distribution centers for FedEx, Amazon, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc. If I had to guess, they will put some retail in at the 205/Mountain House (International) Parkway on/offramps by the Ghiradelli Warehouse, assuming that land is part of the IPC. Would make the most sense in terms of easy on and off. If they are limited to land around Hansen, it would be a mile or two off 205. Still wasn't able to find an active permit/application in these areas.

Don't know how recent this sat image is but this would be my guess for a location if this was a retail development as opposed to industrial. Should be easy to scope out from 205 if anyone drives this regularly. However, the wording "currently processing an application" leads me to believe that it hasn't been approved yet. This permit appears to be for this site (1124 N Intl Pkwy).
1643997826034.png
1643998216071.png

For 1146 N Intl Pkwy there is this permit (is Shell the tenant or is it a 10,328 sq ft building shell?). If Shell is tenant (total sq ft is consistent with the Chevron one above), it would appear to be 2 side by side gas stations so would make sense to have a Supercharger in the mix for an all encompassing refueling station development.
1643998401920.png

Reactions: mociaf9
I emailed the City Manager who connected me with the Economic Development Manager who said superchargers are part of a planned retail development at the International Park of Commerce (Hansen south of 205 looks to be the center) that is currently being processed by the city. He did not have a timeline and said it would be up to the developers. It is an 1800 acre warehouse development with distribution centers for FedEx, Amazon, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc.
Interesting. Thanks for doing that leg work. However, the state of this development doesn't match Tesla's listing of the Tracy location as targeted for opening in Q1 2022. So, while I'm sure it's correct, my guess is that it's an additional location Tesla that is working towards for the future. Since the city department didn't know about one that could reasonably be thought to be in a position for potential opening this quarter, I'm guessing Tesla's currently listed Tracy location is outside the city limits.

Red red line is city boundary. Across the street from the Valero is an empty parking lot that would be perfect for a supercharger other than the turn across traffic to get into the lot. Just need to move the entrance ramp to the north on the property line or put one at the south end of the property where it’s a simple u turn at the light. There’s already twelve spots in a row with 8 more across the lot
1644104295950.png

1644104464446.png

Construction has definitely started from the pictures and permit being issued. With an address, luckily this is one of the first permits that shows up. 12 V3. PG&E has until 4/15 to install the transformer. Based on the attachments on the encroachment permit, the connection to the main line will require some lane closures and traffic control on the 205 onramp adjacent to Golden Corral. As such, the chargers appear to be in the far south end of the parking lot. Closer to BevMo than Golden Corral.
1644546980701.png

1644547013834.png

1644547140072.png

1644547390070.png

@bmah @MarcoRP

Construction has definitely started from the pictures and permit being issued. With an address, luckily this is one of the first permits that shows up. 12 V3. PG&E has until 4/15 to install the transformer. Based on the attachments on the encroachment permit, the connection to the main line will require some lane closures and traffic control on the 205 onramp adjacent to Golden Corral. As such, the chargers appear to be in the far south end of the parking lot. Closer to BevMo than Golden Corral.
View attachment 767576
View attachment 767577
View attachment 767578
View attachment 767580
@bmah @MarcoRP
Definitely part of the Golden Corral parking lot based on the plot map

Definitely part of the Golden Corral parking lot based on the plot map
I wasn’t saying that it is not in the parking lot of Golden Corral, just that it happens to be a shared parking lot with BevMo. Look at the last aerial picture above. The building at the bottom is BevMo. The two ADA accessible stalls are next to BevMo, not Golden Corral. The majority of the stalls are closer to BevMo than Golden Corral. I have a feeling the majority of people getting out of the car will browse BevMo rather than GC.

Reactions: Pluto
Bevmo is a good option for a stop. But I think Golden Corral is a good option if people are in the mood to eat. You can definitely eat a full meal in 30 min during a charge if you wanted to. The advantage is the food is already cooked and you don't have to wait for that. How many times have people stopped to eat only spend their whole charging time waiting for the food to come out of the kitchen.

Bevmo is a good option for a stop. But I think Golden Corral is a good option if people are in the mood to eat. You can definitely eat a full meal in 30 min during a charge if you wanted to. The advantage is the food is already cooked and you don't have to wait for that. How many times have people stopped to eat only spend their whole charging time waiting for the food to come out of the kitchen.
There are tons of places to eat nearby too. When exiting westbound from 205, on the way there’s Chipotle, Panera Bread, The Habit, El Pollo Loco, Panda Express, Ono Hawaiian BBQ and Rubios. When exiting eastbound, it’s the other direction but immediately after leaving the onramp there’s Carl’s Jr, KFC, L&L’s Hawaiian BBQ, Popeye’s, and Mr. Pickles. Within walking distance, there’s a Taco Bell, Five Guys, Burger King, Blaze Pizza, and Jersey Mike’s.

That’s just fast food. There are countless other places to eat nearby, but without a doubt the best sit down restaurant (down the road) is Dhaba Indian Cuisine.

For me it's ALWAYS gonna be Arby's, there just isn't one in the Bay Area, so I will drive there FIRST and then to the Supercharger to eat my catch
It’s a shame that Arby’s is in such a sketchy looking part of town. But if you are stopping by there, I highly recommend trying out the starbread down the street (I remember it as Ling Nam Express but they might’ve changed the name since I left California). That is a fantastic snack for the car and super affordable (might be oily though, so I wouldn’t recommend it while driving).

Last edited: