Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Traver, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went by on Thursday 8/8 and it had no power as others have said.... But .. I say this has got to be my new favorite charger of all time! The goats and sheep and miniature horse are so cute!

It's a much needed to split the distance between Tejon and Fresno, of which Tejon is a mandatory charge for many.... and gateway tho Sequoia NO... But the animals need way more credit!

IMG_20201008_162716__01.jpg
Screenshot_20201009-001214.jpg
Screenshot_20201008-180809.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201008_162716__01.jpg
    IMG_20201008_162716__01.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 87
I don’t know if calculated but a couple of posts back someone talked to a county inspector and they acknowledged that everything was good to go on their on end. At this point it’s either PG&E or Tesla holding up the show for unknown reasons.
I was the guy who talked to the county inspector. He said that the electricity was live. He didn't know why the superchargers weren't on. So definitely not PG&E.
Anyone know if it's normal for Tesla to wait a few weeks post-inspection to turn on other superchargers?

The 99 is a main thorough fare between bakersfield and sacramento, it's not the time of construction it's done. One should have been built through the area like 3 to 4 years ago. There has been 7 built along hwy 5 and more north 99 during that period also the trans canada route was completed before we got a sniff of another supercharger for that route. It's a stretch of about 140 miles no supercharger, one in that area has long been over due. It's like the route between Calgary and regina except we're so close to the home office, fremont, ca. It was kind of ridiculous not to put something in a lot sooner. That route is an example of early range anxiety for sure. For those who travel through that area a lot would understand. Not as bad as the route st louis to Louisville or traveling through arkansas to oklahoma city

also the trans canada route was completed before we got a sniff of another supercharger for that route. It's a stretch of about 140 miles no supercharger
Ok, are you actually comparing a 140 mile gap, to an 1800 mile gap on the Trans-Canada???

Look, I kind of get where you’re coming from, but Tesla already built the Supercharger!!! If Tesla was intentionally holding off, which they’re definitely isn’t doing, you would have reason to complain

Reactions: Acps110
People do strange things you don't know, it would be nice to get an ETA. Instead of making us check this site every day as I would probably use this supercharger on a weekly basis. The hold up is on Tesla's side as PG&E as per above has given the ok unless the info might be misunderstood. It is also a prime spot for Las Vegas travel 170 mile gap. I have a 3 long range so not a big deal, I also have an 85 S, if I could consistently get 265 rated range no problem, not getting rated range makes planning for comfortable tripping not the funnest unless you enjoy driving 60 or getting your windshield nicked up drafting. So this supercharger would make lower range tesla's a non-issue. Even an urban superchargers at the Tulare Outlets would have been cool. Tenon Ranch can get messy as well as Mojave. Coming home going North, I take the long way round through Kettleman w the 85 so I can go 85

People do strange things you don't know, it would be nice to get an ETA. Instead of making us check this site every day as I would probably use this supercharger on a weekly basis. The hold up is on Tesla's side as PG&E as per above has given the ok unless the info might be misunderstood.
To clarify, yes the day you were talking to the county inspector was the day the final permit inspection was passed (October 5th). Tesla waits until all inspections are done before turning on power. Perhaps they can turn it on right after, however there could be other components behind the scenes for Tesla to complete, for instance a software configuration component or database entries.

Regardless, yes the wait is on Tesla now however it’s been 11 days which isn’t that long in terms of the rest of the permit and installation process. I’d say if it takes more than a month, then we know something is wrong. Otherwise we’ll all just have to be patient.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah