Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Traver, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI if you’re traveling today - SR99 is closed in both directions due to a train derailment. The Traver charger is right in the middle of the closure.

6AA86C89-DEA6-4055-9582-64C14A84C34D.jpeg

Last edited:
I drove to Visalia from the SF Bay Area and charged at the Traver supercharger December 5. It is open and next to the Bravo Cheese factory and there is a take out restaurant there, a gift shop and well-ventilated bathrooms in the back of the gift shop. There is outside dining in the back and lots of old buildings and antiques to look at. I will post some pictures later but I was able to get 169kW charging speed when I arrived at 25%.

Reactions: Tam
How was your trip to Sequoia? I am going there with my family tonight. I drive an SR+, there will be freezing temperatures and snow. I got snow chains, and will stop to charge to 99% at this supercharger. Wish me luck! ))
I drive up to Sequoia National Park pretty regularly from my home in Tulare CA but the past few moths I have stayed at lower elevation not up near Lodgepole but I usually get home with over 60 miles left and I have the SR+ with only 237 miles at 100% charge.

I also have my home charger on PlugShare if you run into a pinch :)

What was really cool last fall, I saw someone’s M3 at the Hockett Meadow trailhead at Atwell Mill, up the Mineral King Road about 20 miles, a turnoff off the road to Sequoia National Park. This is not a road for Sissies, it is a one-and-hall lane road that is partially paved and rutted dirt with exposed rocks, takes about an hour and a half to get up. I don’t think I would take my MX up there for fear of damage to the battery. They parked their car in parking and went off for a multi-day pack trip! Wow!

when I get back up there this summer, I will look to see if they made it out!

I drive up to Sequoia National Park pretty regularly from my home in Tulare CA but the past few moths I have stayed at lower elevation not up near Lodgepole but I usually get home with over 60 miles left and I have the SR+ with only 237 miles at 100% charge.

I also have my home charger on PlugShare if you run into a pinch :)
Thanks for the helpful advice! My 2019 SR+ charges to 204 miles at 100%(( I got 99% in Traver and reached Comfort Inn & Suites in Three Rivers with about 65%. This is where I found out that I had left my mobile charger at home and was not able to trickle charge. My mom and daughter slept in the hotel while my wife and I, we camped in the Tesla. We woke up to 33% and cold battery. So, we packed and went towards the park. On our way there we charged the car to 50% at The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge. The stuff there is extremely friendly. They did not ask to buy anything and even showed me their best cabin and the breathtaking view from its balcony. We reached the General Sherman parking lot with 16% left. The car did not regenerate much on the way back because it was mandatory to put on the chains where the roads were covered with snow and ice. At the park exit, the battery had 28% left which was sufficient to get to Love's chademo fast charger in Tulare with 7%.

Oh, your story is scary! And no trickle charger brought along! There is a Chademo charger in the second story of the parking structure of Comfort Inn Suites on Acequia in Visalia, by the way, but I have not had an opportunity to try it out. Were you able to charge in the Park? What wheels to you put chains on in the model 3? I know they have a Tesla charger at the Gateway but have also never used that but it is good to know.

Here is an article on Mineral King. Maybe one of these days you will take your car up!

Oh, your story is scary! And no trickle charger brought along! There is a Chademo charger in the second story of the parking structure of Comfort Inn Suites on Acequia in Visalia, by the way, but I have not had an opportunity to try it out. Were you able to charge in the Park? What wheels to you put chains on in the model 3? I know they have a Tesla charger at the Gateway but have also never used that but it is good to know.

Here is an article on Mineral King. Maybe one of these days you will take your car up!

Thank you for letting me know about the fast charger in Visalia. There is no chargers in the park. At least I do not know of any of those. The car regained some energy going downhill. The wheels are stock 19" and I got a pair of chains (for the rear wheels only) from the Tesla store.