Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tremonton, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only person who thinks the people who positioned that bench under the sun shade are a little unclear on the concept of scenery?:confused: Or is there some fantastic view beyond the gas stations/fastfood joints, far better than the mountains in the other direction?

Yep, bench should be facing south instead of north.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on another Utah first charge!

Thanks Cottonwood!

...will Tesla miss yet another opportunity to provide access to Yellowstone and Grand Teton during _this_ summer's vacation season (by putting an SC in Idaho Falls at least, if not West Yellowstone and Jackson/Moran as well)...

It's hard to be exact, but Tesla's 2016 map appears to include both Pocatello and Idaho Falls ID, and Jackson Hole WY, and Dillon MT. Other folks have posted here about the practicality of the Tremonton-West Yellowstone run without Superchargers: mildly inconvenient with an 85kWh battery, moreso with 60. Please, folks who head up that way should advocate one of the "destination chargers" to some hoteliers in West Yellowstone, because they'll get my business for sure!

One parting comment: As a Tesla early adopter (VIN #1660, among the first of the non-Signatures), when the world had a total of four Supercharging stations, the rapid expansion of the network has been amazing, far far in excess of my most optimistic expectations. Be glad!

Reactions: omartin30
What are the lunch time options at Tremonton ?
It looks like a Burger Thing and a Wendy's in the background of these pictures. Anything else in walking distance ?

There's really nothing of quality within walking distance. Other than what you mentioned there's also a Denny's, Quizno's (inside of Chevron), and a McDonalds.

Tesla is adding 4 urban chargers to Tremonton. They aren’t operational yet, but they will definitely help once they are. This sight is full often.

D0BCD5DC-CB37-4915-BCBE-10DBAB2A0F64.jpeg
897CBECF-5BCB-4F79-89BA-7D2A30670E52.jpeg

Those are just the temp pallets they usually put in places prior to major holidays. Also you often see them in areas that eventually will get a site update with new proper charging stalls at some point in the future. We saw this in Truckee and Beaver (?) before they did a large stall addition. Although they also put these at the Tesla SLC service center and they are still there several years later so perhaps they can be "permanent".

/edit. I bet they are the same temp stalls that formerly were down in St. George, relocated up here.

The Urban chargers look to be a permanent installation. I will note that the Urban chargers are faster than the regular ones in my testing. The regular ones maxed out at 62 kW starting at 10% SOC on a 2023 Model 3, the Urban ones stayed at the max 72 kW until I stopped charging at about 2/3 full.

The Urban chargers look to be a permanent installation. I will note that the Urban chargers are faster than the regular ones in my testing. The regular ones maxed out at 62 kW starting at 10% SOC on a 2023 Model 3, the Urban ones stayed at the max 72 kW until I stopped charging at about 2/3 full.
I have also found the pallet chargers faster than the regular ones in my old, very slow charging, S-60. Not sure about when sharing a pallet with another car, however.