Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Trenton, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first new Supercharger in the latest Find Us update is here!! A new location was recently approved at the Burger King on Monogram Place.

wow, great ! -- I was just observing earlier today that 401 needs another SC. I was at Port Hope today and fully booked when I arrived.
If you look at Tesla's aspirational map of SC planning there's four new locations planned this year on the 401 East of Toronto. Coburg, Trenton, Gananoque and Brockville. Plus all of the On Routes are getting 50kW Tesla chargers this spring.

Reactions: YYZ-IAD and Mayoo
If you look at Tesla's aspirational map of SC planning there's four new locations planned this year on the 401 East of Toronto. Coburg, Trenton, Gananoque and Brockville. Plus all of the On Routes are getting 50kW Tesla chargers this spring.

yup ! and some one checked the 50kW are Locked Chademo Adapters. Anyone know the hourly rates for those ?

I wonder why they are putting so many in this stretch from Pt Hope - Gananoque, and so few in SW Ontario west of London. It is only 84 km from Pt Hope to Belleville but there will be four SCs at Pt Hope, Cobourg, Trenton and Belleville, roughly one every 20km. Yet the stretch from London to Comber is 140km.

Reactions: RedOctober
I wonder why they are putting so many in this stretch from Pt Hope - Gananoque, and so few in SW Ontario west of London. It is only 84 km from Pt Hope to Belleville but there will be four SCs at Pt Hope, Cobourg, Trenton and Belleville, roughly one every 20km. Yet the stretch from London to Comber is 140km.
During weekends, the corridor between Toronto and Quebec City (Hwy 401 / A-20 / A-40), Port Hope / Belleville / Kingston / Saint Eulalie are quite busy. It doesn't help that they are mostly V2 with power sharing between stalls, therefore, locking people into 72 kWh charge speeds.

I don't know about the other places in Ontario. But, things like Simcoe and Goodrich is solely for coverage purposes. The new 401 locations are for alleviation purposes.

Reactions: Mayoo and navguy12
There's way more through traffic on the Port Hope-Gananoque stretch than there is west of London.

Reactions: Mayoo