Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Triadelphia, WV - Gantzer Ridge Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted a V3 8 stall supercharger being installed at the sheetz just off 70 in Triadelphia. There is already a 4 stall on the other side of the interstate at a hotel.

Sheetz - 25 Gantzer Ridge Rd, Triadelphia, WV 26059

@BlueShift

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 8.55.39 PM.png

Attachments

• IMG_4195.jpeg
    IMG_4195.jpeg
    550.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4192.jpeg
    IMG_4192.jpeg
    436.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4194.jpeg
    IMG_4194.jpeg
    652.7 KB · Views: 97
Spotted a V3 8 stall supercharger being installed at the sheetz just off 70 in Triadelphia. There is already a 4 stall on the other side of the interstate at a hotel.

Sheetz - 25 Gantzer Ridge Rd, Triadelphia, WV 26059

@BlueShift
This thread should go in the Mid-Atlantic forum, but I'll cut you some slack since Triadelphia is right near Ohio.

Will get to adding it soon. Thanks

I’m always happy to see new Superchargers on routes I travel, but this is such an unusual addition considering there is already a Supercharger at this exit. Wouldn’t it have made more sense in St. Clairsville?

The existing Supercharger is small, slow, often crowded and a longish walk from anything food related. The Sheetz right off the exit is a great location.

The Ohio Valley Mall on the east side of Saint Clairsville would be a great location, although Sheetz provides traveling amenities 24/7, which shouldn't be underappreciated. Sheetz is also a very active partner with Tesla and seems interested in hosting as many Supercharger sites as Tesla is willing to install.

Perhaps Tesla does not wish to renew a lease with the Hampton Inn after being there seven years.
Perhaps the older Hampton Inn site will be removed after the new site is running smoothly.
Exactly my thoughts. The little 4-stall has been a handy stop for me over the years (even with its wacky numbering system) but it’s probably time to bid it goodbye.

Good news! This site is up and running - stopped at Sheetz after work this morning and saw the lights on. Plugged in and started charging. Does not show up in the car nav just yet, though.

Big improvement compared to the 4 stall setup at the hotel across the street. Faster on/off the highway and Sheetz seems like an almost ideal match for a Supercharger.

View attachment 710896
@corywright @MarcoRP

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright
They say up to 250, but in the two stalls I tried got 89kw max. I’m the only one here….
Your X very likely doesn't support more than 120kW, and that's under optimal conditions (low state-of-charge and warm battery). I wrote an article on why your EV is not charging at the charging station's rated speed here: Why is my EV charging so slowly? It's geared towards EVs in general (not Tesla), but most of what is said there applies as well to Tesla.