Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info!

70 Amp J1772?! I've never seen one that high. That would make for a great route back.

You are welcome!

As I am sure that you know, you need dual chargers to use over 40 Amps. Also, the J cable is only available during times that Woods is open. See Wood's High Mountain Distillery for hours.

Take a look at 4 Corners EV Charging for details on the 70 Amp J1772's in Salida and Pagosa Springs.

Wendys, On site!

IMG_20150821_081438.jpg
Hoping to provide relevant information to my fellow travelers, the attached is the drive thru menu of the Wendys at the site of the the Trinidad Supercharger. Within walking distance is a Walmart, but you have to go over the I25 overpass which has little consideration for pedestrian traffic. (We made it, both ways.) We had little problem going to Santa Rosa NM from here. Just hold your speed to 65 mph until you have confidence you can make it to Santa Rosa, then lapse to your normal driving habits.

View attachment 92633Hoping to provide relevant information to my fellow travelers, the attached is the drive thru menu of the Wendys at the site of the the Trinidad Supercharger. Within walking distance is a Walmart, but you have to go over the I25 overpass which has little consideration for pedestrian traffic. (We made it, both ways.) We had little problem going to Santa Rosa NM from here. Just hold your speed to 65 mph until you have confidence you can make it to Santa Rosa, then lapse to your normal driving habits.

@JohnD, thoughtful first post! Welcome to TMC!

I was through here yesterday and regret not eating here. From the amount of cars in the lot it looked busy.
I did the run from Trinidad to Santa Fe. See the thread Denver (Lone Tree) to Santa Fe for the information.

I did my first distance SC run to Trinidad last weekend just to see estimated vs. true mileage. The odo said it was 143 miles, the miles remaining (I call it "battery miles") said I consumed 169 miles. I actually got better mileage on the return trip, go figure. I'm still reviewing my notes to see how to better use EVPlanner. Oh and I let auto-pilot drive most of the way, I was impressed.

Trinidad SC Trip Oct 2015.JPG

Just left the Trinidad charger and all but one spot was accessible. The snow removal crew is now using the supercharger spots as the snow dump spot.

I hope that you called Tesla and told them about that. That behavior needs to change. I have found that you have to educate snow plow operators to anything new or different. They have no context until this is explained to them.

Contacted Supercharger Support, They said that they would contact the property owner to ensure that they do not push the snow into the spots. So we will see if anything actually gets done.

I hope that you called Tesla and told them about that. That behavior needs to change. I have found that you have to educate snow plow operators to anything new or different. They have no context until this is explained to them.

trinidadcharger - 6.jpg
trinidadcharger - 5.jpg
trinidadcharger - 4.jpg
trinidadcharger - 3.jpg
trinidadcharger - 2.jpg
trinidadcharger - 1.jpg
We actually spent a night at the Trinidad charger in January. We were driving from Denver to Taos Ski Valley..... with our travel trailer for the first time. We barely made it to the Trinidad charger from the Colorado Springs charger ("14 miles" of range remaining). It was snowing and very cold and about 7PM. As we charged, we noticed a lot of tractor trailers pulling into the adjacent parking lot. Then a lot more. Turns out I-25 was closed, it remained closed until about 8 or 9AM the next day. At least we had a warm place place to sleep and a power source.

Cool adventure, glad it worked out. My family got into DIA late one evening spent the night at the supercharger in the X, it was not nearly as comfortable as your camper... and unfortunately it was before the software allowed the heater to stay on, so they would wake up freezing and need to turn the car on.

Did you have any issues navigating the Colorado Spring parking garage with the camper to charge?

I had heard that the Colorado Springs charger was a garage but had not been to it before. I wasn't thrilled to see what it was. The attendant at the entrance was a bit uneasy about letting me pull in with the trailer but I didnt really know where else to leave it. I was able to pull in and fortunately the supercharger spots were all empty. I was able to park the trailer and detach it and charge and able to get it out of the garage but if the garage was more crowded he may not have been possible.

I had heard that the Colorado Springs charger was a garage but had not been to it before. I wasn't thrilled to see what it was. The attendant at the entrance was a bit uneasy about letting me pull in with the trailer but I didnt really know where else to leave it. I was able to pull in and fortunately the supercharger spots were all empty. I was able to park the trailer and detach it and charge and able to get it out of the garage but if the garage was more crowded he may not have been possible.
Yeah. I've been there before and it is a bit confusing why the SC is there. When Walsenburg SC comes, this stop will not really be needed (I hope)... :)

Yeah. I've been there before and it is a bit confusing why the SC is there. When Walsenburg SC comes, this stop will not really be needed (I hope)... :)
I wasn't thrilled about the CO Springs supercharger being in a garage either, but there was actually lots of stuff to do within walking distance. Restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, and a park. So other than the garage part, I really liked the location.

Reactions: evp