Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was last here about a month ago. Similar to most of the stops on I-25 from here all the way to El Paso - little to no grass and lots of 'goat head' thorns. My dog won't get out of the car at this stop anymore since he stepped on one here before. Wishful thinking that these stops could be more pet friendly?
No one has mentioned what that odd 4x plug Tesla charger thing is off to the side here. I haven't tried to use it and haven't taken pics. My assumption was that it was some sort of Tesla Semi-related charger? Anyone know what that's for?
It's not just superchargers but seems like everywhere you stop to let pets out has been overtaken by goat heads. On my way back from Sedona recently seems like majority of places we stopped between CO and AZ had been infested. As for the charger thing I believe they had a temporary 'urban charger' setup to expand the stalls.

I was last here about a month ago. Similar to most of the stops on I-25 from here all the way to El Paso - little to no grass and lots of 'goat head' thorns. My dog won't get out of the car at this stop anymore since he stepped on one here before. Wishful thinking that these stops could be more pet friendly?
No one has mentioned what that odd 4x plug Tesla charger thing is off to the side here. I haven't tried to use it and haven't taken pics. My assumption was that it was some sort of Tesla Semi-related charger? Anyone know what that's for?
What 4x plug?

It looks like they added a temporary 2x72 cabinet per PlugShare.

Attachments

• 1634266236126.png
    1634266236126.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 163
I hope so. I even mentioned to my wife that hopefully those three new pedestals are V3 and then they upgrade the remaining pedestals. I know that charger can be a bottleneck but there was only one other vehicle when I was there.

The pattern for site expansions elsewhere has been that they add V3 stalls, but leave existing V2 stalls as is. See similar examples in Gallup (NM), Holbrook (AZ), among others...

Charging here and they are working on the V3 addition. Confirmed with workers its going to be an additional 3 V3 stalls.
@GHammer ,
I must have just missed you.
We charged in Trinidad today also, arriving about 12:20 mountain time.
Here is a picture of the work being done.
I counted only 3 new stalls. They will be V3 for sure based upon the two stalls in place and the V3 cabinet you can see being put in place.
I think it might be only 3, not 4, due to space limitations.
The picture shows just to the left of the current equipment enclosure.

IMG_20211106_122516.jpg

That's an odd number.

Maybe 3 back in and one pull forward.
Only three stalls total. Workers said there was only parking spaces for three so that's all they're hooking up. The pad for the power supply tower is behind where the third pedestal will go, i presume they'll place the third pedestal after they place the tower.

Only three stalls total. Workers said there was only parking spaces for three so that's all they're hooking up. The pad for the power supply tower is behind where the third pedestal will go, i presume they'll place the third pedestal after they place the tower.
That seems like a lame excuse. They could have put them in a drive through arrangement like the Mammoth Lakes location.

The Wendy's next to the Trinidad supercharger is the worst ever, and the dispensary on the other side is also one of my least favorites. But if you go just a block south of the Holiday Inn express on the feeder road there is a Mexican restaurant that is great, and has the best carne asada I have ever had. The best hotel in Trinidad (LaQuinta) is right across I-25. Of course none of this is actually in Trinidad.

Its funny, I live in Austin, but according to TeslaFi I have supercharged in Trinidad more than any other place.

The Wendy's next to the Trinidad supercharger is the worst ever, and the dispensary on the other side is also one of my least favorites. But if you go just a block south of the Holiday Inn express on the feeder road there is a Mexican restaurant that is great, and has the best carne asada I have ever had. The best hotel in Trinidad (LaQuinta) is right across I-25. Of course none of this is actually in Trinidad.

Its funny, I live in Austin, but according to TeslaFi I have supercharged in Trinidad more than any other place.
Because:
I-25:
To: Colorado Springs, CO - 131.5 miles
Big gaps make people stop and cause bottlenecks.

Reactions: SilverString

Its funny, I live in Austin, but according to TeslaFi I have supercharged in Trinidad more than any other place
Could not agree more! We did a Western States road trip last summer and this was the worst pit-stop of the entire trip. The restrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned all summer.

It's really too bad they didn't locate this one in the downtown area of Trinidad which looks like it has a lot of character.

The bathroom at that gas station was disgusting. Also got to watch the cashier yell at a customer because he picked up one of those gross pre-made "sandwiches in a bag" and the seal popped when he put it down. Started yelling at him that if it popped then he bought it and the customer said no. I don't blame him, that sandwich has probably been there for a month and at altitude it was bound to pop open.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Could not agree more! We did a Western States road trip last summer and this was the worst pit-stop of the entire trip. The restrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned all summer.

It's really too bad they didn't locate this one in the downtown area of Trinidad which looks like it has a lot of character.
I'll agree on the first point, Not a great pit stop quality wise but I must disagree otherwise as the ease of access cannot be beat as far as getting off and getting back on after topping off.

Reactions: SpaceAggie and Fleg
I'll agree on the first point, Not a great pit stop quality wise but I must disagree otherwise as the ease of access cannot be beat as far as getting off and getting back on after topping off.
Agree. Even with the construction going on right at the exit. It looks like they are replacing the overpass. This was the easiest on/off charger on our Denver to ABQ trip.