Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Troutdale, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's website has updated to say that a Troutdale Supercharger is targeted opening in Q3 2021 (aka, this quarter). We will see! Anyone have any leads on a location for this?

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.37.43 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Having looked at the official Tesla Supercharger map for over 4 years now I wouldn't put any money on their target opening dates. If they are missed they just push the dates forward. This has happened many times....like quarterly 😢

A more reliable source is supercharge info. You will at least know that a permit has been submitted and construction has started.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Consider me at least somewhat impressed. I figured we wouldn't even see an application for another year. Hope we see some broken ground before end of the year...

It's in a good location, there's an electrify america station here already and some volta L2 stations, plus there's actually some decent places to take a break here.

And, I'd much rather stop here than the tiny dalles SC. Last time I did the return leg from tri-cities, I didn't have enough juice to skip the dalles unless I charged to +90% at tri-cities... which could literally take an hour with full V2 stalls.

Hurray for Troutdale whenever it opens. Its immediate neighbor to the east, the SpC at The Dalles, is the single worst-postioned, hardest to navigate, unfriendliest for any trailer-hauler it ever has been my misfortune to need.

I was in the area, so I stopped by the outlets yesterday on the highly unlikely chance that construction had started. It hadn’t, as there are no signs of any activity in the parking lot. Hopefully, construction will start soon, though. 🙂
Of course nothing has started yet, the land use application hasn't been finalized yet. (The public has until 8/21 to file an appeal, assuming 10 calendar days rather than 10 business days for them to appeal.)

So unless someone appeals it should be finalized on Monday the 23rd. (If I am reading the documents correctly.) I don't know how quickly after that they can start work, or if then they have to go through permitting.

Last edited:
I was in the area, so I stopped by the outlets yesterday on the highly unlikely chance that construction had started. It hadn’t, as there are no signs of any activity in the parking lot. Hopefully, construction will start soon, though. 🙂
I was also driving through, and felt the need for a coffee stop as well. Unfortunately, Starbucks had ten worthless employees running around and one customer (with kids) ahead of me. I watched in disbelief while the customer fumbled for the order, and the employees talked on their headsets between themselves. I left after a few minutes when it became clear it wasn’t to be. Anyway, pertaining to the SC stall location, driving around I’m not sure where they will put them. Probably near Starbucks, a mirror image to the Electrify America stalls, but maybe too busy. There are some other spots at the beginning of the drive through, but not much better.

A little out of the way.....11 minutes toward Portland but if you're a fan of Cheesesteaks,
Stop by on the way to charge.

Grant's Philly Cheesesteak
15350 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland

Best west of Philly - and they use real cheese - not cheese whiz like those fake ones in Philly.

I drove past here this weekend so figured I'd check the area out.

There's still plenty of room for chargers here. Thankfully, the superchargers won't be in the strange little "loading zone" that I was worried they might try to use, since there are already third party chargers there. Like Mike said, very likely they won't be right next to starbucks either. That's a complete cluster to get in/out of, and not in the indicated area.

If it's only 8-16 stalls, my speculation is that they'll be somewhere in the red areas I highlighted. This is a total guess, we'll just have to see what happens...

If they're out in the middle of the lot, maybe we'll get a pull-thru charger like in seaside?

Attachments

• 2021-08-24 12_02_54-Window.png
    2021-08-24 12_02_54-Window.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
If it's only 8-16 stalls, my speculation is that they'll be somewhere in the red areas I highlighted. This is a total guess, we'll just have to see what happens...

It is only for 8 stalls. Here is some more information from the land use appeal:

The Applicant is applying for a Type I Site Development Review to retrofit eight existing parking stalls with Tesla charging equipment. The supercharger cabinets and switchgear will be located in the landscaped area near the site entrance and existing electric vehicle parking spaces. Additional site lighting is also planned to be installed. There will be no change in the number of parking spaces on site.

So the equipment will be near the EA equipment.

FINDING: No parking spaces are proposed to be removed in order to accommodate the charging equipment. However, the addition of the equipment on top of a curb located between the two rows of parking spaces reduces the lengths of those spaces to 17 feet 7 inches on the northern row, and 16 feet 8 inches on the southern row. The minimum length for standard and compact parking spaces per TDC 9.110.A are 18 feet and 16 feet, respectively. The drive aisles used to access these spots are both above the minimum requirement of 25 feet, but do not have enough spare inches to shift the drive aisles and create standard-size parking spots. Thus, the eight affected parking spaces shall be marked as compact spaces. The Applicant has confirmed that this will be sufficient for the types of vehicles that would utilize the spaces. As a Condition of Approval, the Applicant shall confirm the addition of these eight compact spaces does not cause the property to exceed the maximum allowance of 35 percent compact spaces. All other parking standards are met.

The sentence I bolded doesn't appear to match to the area you highlighted. I'm not seeing a "curb located between two rows of parking spaces".

But it does pretty much eliminated the upper section you highlighted.

Edit: I have submitted a request to get a copy of the details, so we may know more soon.

Last edited: