Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Troutdale, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sentence I bolded doesn't appear to match to the area you highlighted. I'm not seeing a "curb located between two rows of parking spaces".

But it does pretty much eliminated the upper section you highlighted.
I agree the "curb" doesn't sound right, but it seems pretty likely to me that they're talking about the back-to-back rows in the lower area highlighted by @agegamon. Four spaces in each row facing each other with pedestals in between. They may have assumed the pedestals are mounted on a curb. The pedestals would be the "equipment" that shrinks the length of the parking spaces.

And this may just be a coincidence, but Google Street View actually shows those eight spaces blocked off:
troutdale_street_view.jpg

If they're out in the middle of the lot, maybe we'll get a pull-thru charger like in seaside?
The city of Troutdale was quick with my FOIA request. You nailed the location, but it doesn't appear that they will be pull through.

1629856839915.png

And this may just be a coincidence, but Google Street View actually shows those eight spaces blocked off:

Yeah, I don't suspect that is a coincidence... Those are the spots.

Oh yeah derp, not sure how I missed that it's 8 stalls... got too excited by Deus' comment lol.

If it's implying that both the chargers and curb will be new that'd make sense. Model S/X might stick out a teeny bit, but I feel like people have a harder time dealing with narrow spots than short spots. Should work out just fine.

Edit - don't remember any cones when I drove by, now I'm tempted to swing by on my lunch break and check ha!

You up for some windsurfing? :cool:

EDIT: Just noticed your profile picture; are those kitties in the frunk? :p Also, got more? :D

Yes, they are our Siberian Forest Cats and they are in the frunk.

My partner has a mild cat allergy and she found this breed which can be hypoallergenic. We found a breeder in Salem run by a retired animal geneticist from UC Davis. I've had cats most of my life, but these guys are a bit different. They're more communal than most cats. The one on the right in the picture gets anxious if a human or another car isn't around.

They also aren't territorial. When they have met neighborhood cats they are just curious about them. It tends to freak out the other cats.

Reactions: goneskiian
I will head over there later this morning and see if there's any activity (have to do some shopping anyway, so good excuse for a mini road trip).
Well, that was a big waste of time. There are Electrify America chargers in the area on the permit, and some Volta chargers in the southwest corner of the lot, but definitely no Tesla activity or cones or anything of the sort. Additionally, the hours on Google for the shops were incorrect on Sunday, so no shopping either.

I’m in the area for a couple of weeks, so I thought I would check things out again. I’m guessing that construction won’t start here until they finish Hood River, because no sign of any construction was to be found. I took pictures of where we expect the Supercharger to be located, but I checked the entire lot just to be sure. There was no sign of any activity.

814B7533-456C-4568-9C4B-C44BD90FC360.jpeg
910A2AB0-9C17-4AF7-8FF7-F99319261349.jpeg

So I just stopped by the first Hood River SuC site (by Safeway) and spotted a Tesla electrical cabinet that is sitting off to the side there, marked “Troutdale 1 of 1”.
Thought folks would be happy to see more evidence of imminent progress.
Also, the Hood River site is only waiting for the meter installation and then activation. More photos at that thread.

Attachments

• 0E94D5BB-4BD0-4EF9-A2F8-7645D07CDF66.jpeg
    0E94D5BB-4BD0-4EF9-A2F8-7645D07CDF66.jpeg
    470.5 KB · Views: 78
Tesla's website has updated to say that a Troutdale Supercharger is targeted opening in Q3 2021 (aka, this quarter). We will see! Anyone have any leads on a location for this?
Tesla's website has updated to say that a Troutdale Supercharger is targeted opening in Q3 2021 (aka, this quarter). We will see! Anyone have any leads on a location for this?

View attachment 692065
I was at the Outlet mall today and construction has started. The charging stations will be in the actual parking lot and not on the side of the mall where there are already other chargers. Trench has been dug across drive way from where electrical comes into the mall area and between two rows of parking. Conduit and heavy gauge wire on site as well as items in large boxes.

Today four Blackstone folks are working on site. It looks like all the conduit is in and buried, and the trench to the stalls has been paved. What looks like a new utility transformer on a new vault is sitting next to the forms for the pad for the superchargers and the distribution center. The distribution center cabinet is on site, but the superchargers are not.
47625DFB-B3AE-4A63-A128-0631AF66F67C.jpeg

Attachments

• 4DE99AA7-6BA5-4C4F-9F76-846BFD58377E.jpeg
    4DE99AA7-6BA5-4C4F-9F76-846BFD58377E.jpeg
    537.7 KB · Views: 76