Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Truckee, CA - Donner Pass Rd. (LIVE Aug 2014, 11 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hot damn!!:biggrin: Somebody get over there and light that sucker up! I'm going through next Monday and really need it!

I'll be there about 1 PM, Bill. I'll send you a pic, OK?

That's good news for me, too. It's about 100 miles to Mom's house in Fallon, so I should be able to plug in at her house for while we visit, and make it back to Truckee on the way home. I go right by the new Gigafactory site near Clark Station. Oh. I forgot. That's just rumor, isn't it! :rolleyes:

I stopped by around 4:30. Looking good, but, still no wall around the charger cabinets. Also 3 stubbed conduits. Don't know what they are for. Best news is that transformer is in place. I did not attempt to charge as I am sure that things will not be live without the walls. Chances still seem good for labor day. No one around to talk to.

I'll be there about 1 PM, Bill. I'll send you a pic, OK?

That's good news for me, too. It's about 100 miles to Mom's house in Fallon, so I should be able to plug in at her house for while we visit, and make it back to Truckee on the way home. I go right by the new Gigafactory site near Clark Station. Oh. I forgot. That's just rumor, isn't it! :rolleyes:
I'll be waiting for the photo. As we all know, no photo, no happened.

I'm heading up to Graeagle next Monday, and no problem getting there, but need to scrounge 110v power while there to get back to Roseville. This would mean I could "drive it like I stole it" both directions.:wink:

The three stubbed conduits are for future supercharging growth. There does not have to be wall around the superchargers or the distribution cabinets. Ref Gilroy... no wall etc for many months!!

You may have missed out on being the first one to supercharge there! Were the 'TESLA' pedestals lit up? If they were... it was live and ready to give you energy! You may have had to cup your hands over them to see the red lit up letters! Great to know it is live now!!

No wall needed. I charged in Macon Georgia while they were still in construction and it was not yet live on the Tesla page.

I stopped by around 4:30. Looking good, but, still no wall around the charger cabinets. Also 3 stubbed conduits. Don't know what they are for. Best news is that transformer is in place. I did not attempt to charge as I am sure that things will not be live without the walls. Chances still seem good for labor day. No one around to talk to.

Charging.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 719
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 609
I just want to state for the record that I am in favor of the {painted] cinderblock walls around the superchargers and distribution cabinets. I think it looks much better than the wood enclosures. Sturdier, a cleaner appearance. Ref: Buckeye AZ and Wickenburg AZ.

oooo! these look great all lit up!

I spoke briefly with the contractor at noon today. (He was concerned that the asphalt seal was still sticky and we'd get it on our carpets). I asked about usage since opening, and he said I was the fifth or six to stop by. He also said his next install was Denver.

I spoke briefly with the contractor at noon today. (He was concerned that the asphalt seal was still sticky and we'd get it on our carpets). I asked about usage since opening, and he said I was the fifth or six to stop by. He also said his next install was Denver.

As stated, I charged at Truckee at noon on 8/27, and tried to send a photo. The contractor said I was the first. Obviously the photo didn't make it. The wall was two courses partly started when I got there.

Whatever.

Since there have now been a half dozen who have charged there, we know it's up and running. I don't plan to post a photo of what is now just old news.

As stated, I charged at Truckee at noon on 8/27, and tried to send a photo. The contractor said I was the first. Obviously the photo didn't make it. The wall was two courses partly started when I got there.

Whatever.

Since there have now been a half dozen who have charged there, we know it's up and running. I don't plan to post a photo of what is now just old news.
Congrats! I'll be there late Monday afternoon. Hopefully you left some electrons for moi.:smile:

no worries rob, I wouldn't have gone if it wasn't "sort of" on my way back home.

Whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually like it in the back!

No worries about being ICEd or dealing with the regular traffic in the front of a strip mall.

I used the charger earlier today. Not loving the location, being that it's in the back of the shopping center. But appreciate the option of having another SC option on my way to Lake Tahoe.

no worries rob, I wouldn't have gone if it wasn't "sort of" on my way back home.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually like it in the back!

No worries about being ICEd or dealing with the regular traffic in the front of a strip mall.

I was there over the long weekend and one spot was ICE'ed even though lots of parking spots were open!