Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Truckee, CA - Soaring Way (LIVE 28 May 2022, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
A new 12 stall Supercharger in Truckee, CA appeared on Tesla's Find Us site today:

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 9.35.17 PM.png

When I looked at the NAV display last night it said 6 with 5 available (no one charging), so two each on the portable 250s and 1 on the urban. Perhaps I was in the wrong location, but it was a Raley's parking lot just past a traffic circle, no way out but I guess they could be behind the Raley's. That would be odd, the lighting was that cool "dimming if there is no movement" kind (which it meant every time I was sitting in the car the lights went down) that seems like something you would put where you want people to be seen, so this is probably the right place.

I was at 65% charge and I never got over 85kW in charge, but it was well below freezing, so I don't know what the max one could get here is.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I wonder if those ''temporary'' chargers are connected to the grid or to a generator and batteries bank?

In general, when new Superchargers get installed, a new transformer gets added, something that can take several months.
But I cannot notice is any transformer?

Note: Did you previously own a Corvette?
little-red-Corvette-1-780x412.png

Last edited:
I wonder if those ''temporary'' chargers are connected to the grid or to a generator and batteries bank?

In general, when new Superchargers get installed, a new transformer gets added, something that can take several months.
But I cannot notice is any transformer?
They are definitely grid connected, but they'll be hooked up to the existing transformer already at the host site's business. That's the way that they usually do temp palletized superchargers. Or if they are adding them to an existing supercharger to expand capacity, they'll hook them up to the existing supercharger's utility transformer without swapping in a larger one.

I did not, despite being ~60 I was too young. I always loved the look, especially of the one you found a picture of. The red color reminded me of it so I asked if the guy could wrap it like that, came out really nice. I have been completely unable to find any whitewalls for it.