Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Truth or Consequences, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard from the Mayor of Truth or Consequences. Interesting thing about Tesla Supercharger towns: Socorro's mayor, and now I find out Truth or Consequences' mayor, both have sons who own Teslas. So they're fans. We gotta get Tesla cars for sons of the mayors of Albuquerque and Santa Fe (who knows, maybe they already have 'em too!).
I may run for Mayor some day...please get a MX for each of my sons.:) They're not picky so 5-seaters will work just fine.

I'm happy to see the SC but a little disappointed to not see any pull-through trailer stalls.

This is a really good point I've never thought of. I had a vague dream of someday towing a teardrop camping trailer with a Tesla but if you have to unhitch the trailer to charge, it's a lot less feasible. They should be planning for that whenever possible. Model Y may also need that capability for work projects and X owners might be towing boats or jet skis.

Hrm... Anyway I mostly came here because "Truth or Consequences SC" just made me laugh when I saw it on the map. I want to visit.

To these superchargers... with the Cheveron on your left, travel about three hundred feet up the road and turn right to enter via the rear access road. Here are some photos. You"ll have to zoom in on the panos.

Attachments

• IMG_1273.PNG
    IMG_1273.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1274.PNG
    IMG_1274.PNG
    679.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1275.PNG
    IMG_1275.PNG
    922.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1276.PNG
    IMG_1276.PNG
    554.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1277.PNG
    IMG_1277.PNG
    746.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1278.PNG
    IMG_1278.PNG
    511.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1279.PNG
    IMG_1279.PNG
    815.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1282.PNG
    IMG_1282.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 137
Wondering if White Sands is do-able from T&C. We'd be journeying, in July, south from Albuquerque through T&C and then on to see White Sands. From there we'd head back to I25 (I guess?) to reach El Paso and the Supercharger there.

Is T&C -> a visit to White Sands Monument -> El Paso doable?

Model X 100.

Never having been to this part of the country, I don't know the winds, altitude changes, or whether there's significant driving in White Sands itself. evtripplanner suggests this trip is possible...

(As a backup, Tesla's site says there are regular slow chargers in Las Cruces, e.g. Find Us | Tesla though they also mention "Green Offices", and the site seems down https://www.greenofficeslc.com; do these chargers even exist?)

Reactions: JHWJR
Wondering if White Sands is do-able from T&C. We'd be journeying, in July, south from Albuquerque through T&C and then on to see White Sands. From there we'd head back to I25 (I guess?) to reach El Paso and the Supercharger there.

Is T&C -> a visit to White Sands Monument -> El Paso doable?

Model X 100.

Never having been to this part of the country, I don't know the winds, altitude changes, or whether there's significant driving in White Sands itself. evtripplanner suggests this trip is possible...

(As a backup, Tesla's site says there are regular slow chargers in Las Cruces, e.g. Find Us | Tesla though they also mention "Green Offices", and the site seems down https://www.greenofficeslc.com; do these chargers even exist?)

There are several public 80A HPWC available in Las Cruses.

Reactions: DriverOne
There are several public 80A HPWC available in Las Cruses.

I’ve been going to do the trip from Albuquerque where I live to White Sands but haven’t gotten around to it. I have been there several times in my ICE. Each time I plan the trip in my 2017 X 100D I convince myself I should go to El Paso directly from ABQ charge fully then drive to Alamogordo and stay on the south end of town nearest the Park. Of course you could also just stay in El Paso and “commute” to the Park from there as it is close.
When leaving head south again, fully charge in El Paso and go north towards ABQ.
That time of year it will be warm and there could be winds, but those are not predictable now. Using that approach you will drive a few more miles, but I have convinced myself it’s doable with only Superchargers.
There are paved and graded sand roads within the Park however their lengths are short.

• Informative
Reactions: DriverOne
I agree with the idea of detouring to El Paso and charging to full there. Going ToC to White Sands and back seems too tight. Perhaps on the way back if you feel like you have enough range you could head to ToC instead of El Paso, but at least you should have enough range to get to El Paso if necessary.

I agree with the idea of detouring to El Paso and charging to full there. Going ToC to White Sands and back seems too tight. Perhaps on the way back if you feel like you have enough range you could head to ToC instead of El Paso, but at least you should have enough range to get to El Paso if necessary.

It's a ~2 hour detour to El Paso from Las Cruses... unless you've got an 'ol school 40A charger you can get a lot of juice from a HPWC in ~2 hours.