Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tsawwassen BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a supercharger here?
No - there's not one in Vancouver yet.
at a local Tesla social event last month, a rep said new Superchargers are coming soon to Tsawwassen, North Vancouver and West Vancouver. No confirmation of exact locations or schedule. I hadn't noticed before but those 3 locations are listed on Tesla's website, in addition to Vancouver itself (also "coming soon"). Tesla Superchargers in Canada | Tesla Canada

• Informative
Reactions: Soolim and Canuck
I have seen the new SC planned to be located in Tsawwassen BC. It is basically at the Tsawwassen Mills mall located at Hwy 17 and 52 Ave. Enter the mall from entrance number 2 and go towards Bass Pro and it is tucked in at the back of Bass Pro. I counted about 15 to 20 chargers there. Not all of them looked the same though. Pictures to follow.

Fortunately for me, I live right across the highway from the new SC. I will take full advantage of the free charging as they refused to uncork my MS 75D (nee 60D).

• Informative
Reactions: f-stop
I have seen the new SC planned to be located in Tsawwassen BC. It is basically at the Tsawwassen Mills mall located at Hwy 17 and 52 Ave. Enter the mall from entrance number 2 and go towards Bass Pro and it is tucked in at the back of Bass Pro. I counted about 15 to 20 chargers there. Not all of them looked the same though. Pictures to follow.
Any other details?

• Informative
Reactions: jlund
Any other details?

IMG_6903.jpg

Looks like 12 stalls according to my wife.

Fortunately for me, I live right across the highway from the new SC. I will take full advantage of the free charging as they refused to uncork my MS 75D (nee 60D).

Location would make sense... Would love to see some photos. Still hoping for Langley / Abbotsford...

Yes, looking forward to some photos.

BTW, in addition to the those upcoming Superchargers, there's a ton of existing free L2 chargers for other EV owners in the immediate vicinity: 14 FLO L2 chargers scattered around the Tsawwassen Mills parking lot, another 20 ChargePoint L2 across the way at Tsawwassen Commons, plus 10 more FLO L2 at the adjoining Walmart. Nice to see these new malls seriously considering EVs, I wish other places would follow suit.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Should this be merged with the Tsawwassen Supercharger thread?
Maybe better to move the posts concerning the Tsawwassen Superchager in this thread to the actual Tsawwassen Supercharger thread. I doubt that many people would consider the Tsawwassen supercharger to be the Vancouver supercharger as the only real reason to go to Tsawwassen, if you don’t live or work there, is to catch a ferry to the island or get cheap gasoline in Point Roberts.

Other superchargers are expected in the Vancouver area, one of which might actually be in Vancouver proper.

Maybe better to move the posts concerning the Tsawwassen Superchager in this thread to the actual Tsawwassen Supercharger thread. I doubt that many people would consider the Tsawwassen supercharger to be the Vancouver supercharger as the only real reason to go to Tsawwassen, if you don’t live or work there, is to catch a ferry to the island or get cheap gasoline in Point Roberts.

Other superchargers are expected in the Vancouver area, one of which might actually be in Vancouver proper.

You mentioned the words Tsawwassen, and Supercharger 4 times each!

[...] as the only real reason to go to Tsawwassen, if you don’t live or work there, is to catch a ferry to the island or get cheap gasoline in Point Roberts.

(Gasoline? What's that?)

… or how about to pick up a package shipped to TSB Shipping in Pt Roberts when it’s too expensive or impossible to ship from US to Canada. A good excuse to take the S for a little drive!

You mentioned the words Tsawwassen, and Supercharger 4 times each!
and he gets extra points for spelling “Tsawwassen” right each time :)

Nice scouting of the location @Kryten Keep us informed of the status..

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP
I fail to see the need for this location. When people head for the ferry on the 17, they are rushing to catch it. There is no time to stop for half an hour and charge.
It's only advantage would be if you are coming off the ferry and you can pull in for a charge while you let the ferry traffic subside.
You could shop while you wait but probably won't need to eat as the buffet and cafeteria on board the ferries would be a much better venue for eating than a food court in a strip mall! Anyone coming up from the States would find this location out of the way as you head to Vancouver!

I fail to see the need for this location. When people head for the ferry on the 17, they are rushing to catch it. There is no time to stop for half an hour and charge.
It's only advantage would be if you are coming off the ferry and you can pull in for a charge while you let the ferry traffic subside.
You could shop while you wait but probably won't need to eat as the buffet and cafeteria on board the ferries would be a much better venue for eating than a food court in a strip mall! Anyone coming up from the States would find this location out of the way as you head to Vancouver!

Are you one of those late people?

It's on a route to Vancouver Island and the hosts are friendly.

Plus, it's also a place to charge for anyone in the area who doesn't home charging, for whatever reason.

Reactions: MarcoRP