Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tucson, AZ - E. Skyline Drive (La Encantada Mall)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did someone already bump into one of the chargers on the end? Covers off and looks bent.

Stall 5B was like that last Saturday when I charged. I didn't notice it was bent, but the cover was missing. Since it had just been commissioned a few hours earlier, I made the (perhaps mistaken) assumption that Tesla is aware of it.

TUS_5B.jpg

Can someone say "stolen"?

It may be that it was stolen. It may be that the shipment was missing a cover. It may be that the cover was damaged during storage or handling or fitting to the pedestal. It may be that the installer was abducted along with the cover and both are being held for ransom.

Since we don't know the reason the cover is missing, and there is no clear evidence as to why it is missing, rather than the pejorative term "stolen" I prefer to use the neutral term "missing."

Reactions: Chuq
It may be that it was stolen. It may be that the shipment was missing a cover. It may be that the cover was damaged during storage or handling or fitting to the pedestal. It may be that the installer was abducted along with the cover and both are being held for ransom.

Since we don't know the reason the cover is missing, and there is no clear evidence as to why it is missing, rather than the pejorative term "stolen" I prefer to use the neutral term "missing."

Yes, it is just speculation at this point and thus why I put a question mark at the end. But... I think it is highly unlikely that a repair person would leave it completely exposed to the elements and not also cordoned off. But then you never know, right? All of the covers were in place in a previous "in progress" picture.

Last edited:
Charged here tonight around 6:30pm, after coming from Saguaro National Park (East). The Mall was effectively open, but all of the stores I saw were closed, I assume because they are non-essential. I really did not see any other humans, so social distancing was not a concern. The mall is in a really nice area. And the rest rooms were still open!

• Informative
Reactions: K3Man
Lately the red " Tesla Charging Only " signs for each stall have begun to disappear; there are now only 2 left. It probably isn't random vandalism; it is most likely some sort is Tesla hate thing. I'd really like to think that is not Tesla owners but who knows. The mall is aware of it and not happy but they don't have cameras in the area so they can't do anything about it. I guess it is just another example of how a few morons can make life a little bit worse for everyone else. Sigh.

Unfortunately, after thinking more about this, I think you are right. Haters would probably just damage the chargers; something that would take little time and make a bigger statement. Trying to put a positive spin on this, maybe Teslas are getting to be accepted by the great unwashed public including those who have no problem stealing and buying/leasing a Tesla now is just like any buying any other consumer product.

Seems like Tesla owners would be the most likely people to want one of those signs.
Yep.... one in my garage for about 6-7 years. No, not stolen... mfr at one point sold these on this forum, I believe. It was for my wife's 2013 Tesla when charger was installed on the wall. - in case she got confused where to park her MS.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Ike and Matsayz
They're getting a 2nd service center down there? Has this been confirmed?
The center by the airport is moving. Property already secure and I believe the only thing they are waiting on is the permit approval. I asked one of the sales persons in Tucson about it the other day and they were surprised I knew. Construction was supposed to start a while ago. Not sure what the delay is.