Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tucson, AZ - West River Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

1635364014955.png

A new Supercharger is coming to Marana, near Tucson, AZ. Per an article by Real Estate Daily News, 16 stalls are coming soon to the Marana Market Place, just outside Tucson city limits, despite the Tucson address.

Permit is approved but not issued due to there not yet being a selected contractor. Will add on Supercharge Info

This will be a great location once opened. It’s right off the I-10 and there are plenty of amenities close by (but probably no 24-hour rest rooms), although the Costco is a bit of a walk from there. This is great access for people traveling through Tucson via I-10 and for Tucsonians leaving or entering the city.

Ideally more supercharger stalls in Casa Grande, right between Tucson and Phoenix would be better for travelers between the cities, but this Marana supercharger location is great for people comming from Phoenix to Tucson.

Marana, AZ

Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Tucson, AZ - 24.2 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Willcox, AZ - 92.2 miles

Density, capacity and version 3 on I-10 in Arizona, helping driving on I-10 and I-8.

Love this location! Lots of stores in the same parking lot. Sprouts, Popeyes, Freddy's.

This would be a no brainer for an out-of-state driver to stop here instead of Casa Grande. Might help alleviate Casa Grande a little bit. Would still love to see a Casa Grande upgrade.

Reactions: PWRDBYV
I live 2 miles from the site, in Rual Pima Co, with a Tucson address and zipcode, This location is indeed is inside the town limits of Marana- they annexed the shopping center for the tax revenue years ago. They also managed to annex the Costco and HD that are nearby too. While it still has Tucson address, as does the Costco and HD, it's definitely in the town of Marana boundaries.

Fair enough, but…
My suggestion stands as very logical because anyone that looks at this location in Google maps would reasonably say there is no way in heck that this location is in Marana vs. Tucson (further confirmed by the mailing address)!
Yeah, I do see that the location is indeed within the Marana city limits by about 20 feet! :)

Reactions: tbenitez12
Fair enough, but…
My suggestion stands as very logical because anyone that looks at this location in Google maps would reasonably say there is no way in heck that this location is in Marana vs. Tucson (further confirmed by the mailing address)!
Yeah, I do see that the location is indeed within the Marana city limits by about 20 feet! :)
THE PERMIT WAS FILED WITH THE TOWN OF MARANA, THEREFORE THE SUPERCHARGER IS IN MARANA, AND EVEN THE SHOPPING CENTER IS CALLED MARANA MARKETPLACE

Fair enough, but…
I got my information from Google Maps. It's not like I would be intimately familiar with the precise boundaries :)

Reactions: tbenitez12