Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tucson, AZ - West River Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are towing, a pull-in makes it possible to charge without unhitching and parking the trailer, then charging, then hooking back up.
Some supercharger locations have a small number of pull-ins and the rest back-ins.
Naturally, even at a pull-in, if the trailer is going to block access for others, one often needs to unhitch and park the trailer anyway.

If you are towing, a pull-in makes it possible to charge without unhitching and parking the trailer, then charging, then hooking back up.
Some supercharger locations have a small number of pull-ins and the rest back-ins.
Naturally, even at a pull-in, if the trailer is going to block access for others, one often needs to unhitch and park the trailer anyway.

Yeah, some places have those 'limited' pull-in stalls. But, I think the idea was for at least those with bikes strapped to the back can utilize.

Two photos from Wednesday evening (2 February 2022). It looks like all the pedestals are complete.

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

Is there an update on the progress or an expected opening date? I'll be passing through the next couple weekends and was hoping to hit this location instead of Casa Grande. The pics from last weekend made it appear close to being done, but we all know that could mean days or weeks.....
Charges are complete! (minus painting the lines) Just talked to the sup and he said Tesla will be there next week to turn them on if all goes to plan. There is even a pull-in charger for my Cybertruck :)

2022-02-04 17.08.49.jpg
2022-02-04 17.09.20.jpg
2022-02-04 17.09.28.jpg
2022-02-04 17.09.38.jpg
2022-02-04 17.09.42.jpg

Hopefully this reduces the demand on Casa Grande as well.
The reliability of Casa Grande has gone down in the past few yrs. Sometimes its fine and sometimes its not. Sometimes its full. I'll most likely avoid Casa Grande if this one isn't swamped.

BTW, Globe gets no love on the new "Coming Soon" SC map - 2023 now.

The reliability of Casa Grande has gone down in the past few yrs. Sometimes its fine and sometimes its not. Sometimes its full. I'll most likely avoid Casa Grande if this one isn't swamped.

BTW, Globe gets no love on the new "Coming Soon" SC map - 2023 now.
Globe, dear Globe. When will we see a charger there?
I cannot recall where I saw it on social media, but Eloy was mentioned as a new Supercharger location. That would make Casa Grande obsolete.
Note: I cannot source the Eloy location and make no claims that it will actually be built.