Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like all the conduit work is done. The string lines are in for the concrete along the SCs. No new equipment on site. Thanks @tmoz for the information on the inspection. Photos taken Tuesday evening 29 August.
IMG_5670.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

Progress- the trenches have been filed and reinforcement steel has been set up for the pedestals.

Thanks for the pics.

I look forward to spending about a month based primarily in Tucson once this SC is functional. Should be just about perfect wx-wise unless there are delays.

While Casa Grande to Bisbee is problematic due to the distance and +4,100' elevation outbound, a Tucson SC will finally make that round trip (just 200 miles) more feasible without having to overnight.

Thanks for posting the update and photos. I'll be swinging by there tomorrow.

Me too. Going to check out the Destination Chargers @ Embassy Suites Tucson. They are listed @ 80 amp. capable. I have dual chargers and want to see if they perform as advertised. Might round trip the Casa Grande supercharger as well. (have never supercharged this car) or pushed beyond the point of no return lol!!

Just decided dual Chargers are a very "nice to have" option. Currently getting 80 amps charging at 52 mph. @ the Embassy Suites on Skyline in Tucson. 80 amp J1772 plugs or Tesla destination chargers are pretty rare in the wild but when you find one it sure is nice to be able to take advantage of it :)

Having a blast driving this thing! Just because I can! Can you see me grinning from where you are! Bwahahaha

Just decided dual Chargers are a very "nice to have" option. Currently getting 80 amps charging at 52 mph. @ the Embassy Suites on Skyline in Tucson. 80 amp J1772 plugs or Tesla destination chargers are pretty rare in the wild but when you find one it sure is nice to be able to take advantage of it :)

Having a blast driving this thing! Just because I can! Can you see me grinning from where you are! Bwahahaha

Good to know this location is 80A. I agree dual chargers are nice to have when you need them. Are the parking spots well marked for Tesla charging? Do they use cones to reserve them? Did you check in at the hotel before charging and did they say anything?
The Bookman's on Speedway delivers 70A.

Good to know this location is 80A. I agree dual chargers are nice to have when you need them. Are the parking spots well marked for Tesla charging? Do they use cones to reserve them? Did you check in at the hotel before charging and did they say anything?
The Bookman's on Speedway delivers 70A.

They are clearly marked for electric vehicle charging however they do not say Tesla only they are on the backside of the Embassy Suites once you drive in you have to snake your way around to the back they are right by the loading dock. The parking spaces are kind of tight. I did check in with the front desk however there is no need apparently Tesla put these ones up and they are free to use. the young lady at the desk told me there is no real need to check in if they are available you can plug in at will they are always on.

There are many amenities nearby lots of nice restaurants and such I walked over to RA Sushi lol.
Screenshot_20170901-132637.png

Reactions: ahm
The last time I used the Embassy Suites chargers, 1 of the 2 was ICEd and they didn't seem particularly motivated to do much about it.

Allow 5 minutes to walk around the building to the front entrance if you want to talk with the front desk staff. There's no bar/restaurant service until late afternoon, at which point at least during the days I was there there's a nice happy hour.

Glad to see Embassy Suites differentiate themselves and with a full-strength L2 no less, especially given the dearth of functional Chademo in Tucson - even the one at the Nissan dealership is underpowered by manufacture (20kW) as well as by their 50A service run. Nice managers at the Nissan dealership, fwiw - just know that that Chademo ain't available after hours which includes Sundays.

Been waiting almost 3 years for an SC in Tucson (was misled into believing the Tesla SC forecast map in 2014). Reflexively, however, I prefer to stay at hotels that have EV chargers, and that's how Embassy Suites made my travel list. Don't know if it's a corporate decision or a local managing group decision, but however it happened they now stand out along with La Paloma a little to the east and JW Marriott on the west side. I never was able to get the Bookman's Chademo to work - glad it's working now.

• Informative
Reactions: Evoforce
The last time I used the Embassy Suites chargers, 1 of the 2 was ICEd and they didn't seem particularly motivated to do much about it.

Allow 5 minutes to walk around the building to the front entrance if you want to talk with the front desk staff. There's no bar/restaurant service until late afternoon, at which point at least during the days I was there there's a nice happy hour.

Glad to see Embassy Suites differentiate themselves and with a full-strength L2 no less, especially given the dearth of functional Chademo in Tucson - even the one at the Nissan dealership is underpowered by manufacture (20kW) as well as by their 50A service run. Nice managers at the Nissan dealership, fwiw - just know that that Chademo ain't available after hours which includes Sundays.

Been waiting almost 3 years for an SC in Tucson (was misled into believing the Tesla SC forecast map in 2014). Reflexively, however, I prefer to stay at hotels that have EV chargers, and that's how Embassy Suites made my travel list. Don't know if it's a corporate decision or a local managing group decision, but however it happened they now stand out along with La Paloma a little to the east and JW Marriott on the west side. I never was able to get the Bookman's Chademo to work - glad it's working now.

Tao, the J1772 plugs at Bookman's on Speedway deliver 70A. There is also a new charger installed with CHAdeMO and CCS at La Encatada shopping mall, it's behind RA on the north side of the complex.

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier
Tao, the J1772 plugs at Bookman's on Speedway deliver 70A. There is also a new charger installed with CHAdeMO and CCS at La Encatada shopping mall, it's behind RA on the north side of the complex.

Are those J1772's Chargepoint? Or Blink?
"Don't want to get the thread too far off topic but just wanted to ask" guess I could look on plug share as well duh?

Will these be "back into" stalls, or pull thru?
I hear there is a Subway nearby. Any other facilities?
Next round of photos - show surroundings. Like approach road, shade.
There may be some pull through, but most will be back in stalls. The Subway is inside the 24-hour convenience store. The Subway is NOT 24-hours, however. There is nothing else here.

There may be some pull through, but most will be back in stalls. <<Snip>> There is nothing else here.

That's okay by me, the supercharger will be there:) that's all I really need about 20 minutes on a supercharger or less to make Tucson and easy day trip coming in from out east near Safford.

It will be even better when the Willcox supercharger comes online then I'll be able to get out on I-10 and drive it like I stole it to Tucson and back :)

Reactions: ahm
Since my last visit there has been some additional trenching and conduits installed. What I believe to be the transformer box has been delivered. They were actively backfilling the trenches with a bobcat and front end loader, so I kept my distance. You can see in one photo the SC Stands inside the storage pod. All the conduit showing in front of the bobcat (and also in the shot of the trench) is new since I was last there.
IMG_5691.JPG
IMG_5693.JPG
IMG_5694.JPG
IMG_5695.JPG
IMG_5697.JPG

Reactions: Acps110
Subway, Schmubway - with Waffle Houses in the greater Tucson area (four, even!), what more does one need? :).

This message not approved by your or anyone's cardiologist.

Thanks for the pics. Great progress, especially for as warm as it is; I realize it's all relative, but my blood has thinned.

Here's hoping the Willcox SC is on deck. Finally. It's been tough to watch Wyoming and Nebraska get lit up over and over again without having a transcontinental route that doesn't require snow tires or chains. One of the last pieces of the puzzle.

I'm just glad there's now an even money chance of such a route (c'mooooon, Willcox) before the Alaska Highway finds religion. (For those unaware, Elon said the Alaska Highway would be SC-enabled, um, soon. Much credit to that fellow who blazed the EV trail in 2013 in a Tesla from Tijuana to ?Fairbanks. The epitome of old school, right there.)

Since my last visit there has been some additional trenching and conduits installed. What I believe to be the transformer box has been delivered. They were actively backfilling the trenches with a bobcat and front end loader, so I kept my distance. You can see in one photo the SC Stands inside the storage pod. All the conduit showing in front of the bobcat (and also in the shot of the trench) is new since I was last there. View attachment 246370 View attachment 246371 View attachment 246372 View attachment 246373 View attachment 246374

Man do I need this super charger!! Tucson is really tough coming from Safford. (Without having a Chademo adapter which I just ordered yesterday) and even then there are only for CHademo spots listed on plugshare. 14 mile per hour level 2's just don't cut it. Makes it a charging Marathon to try to get back home.

My only hope pretty much are the 80 amp Tesla destination chargers at the Embassy Suites on skyline but that even takes a couple 2 or 3 hours to get enough range to make it back. This thing can't get up and running soon enough for me and others like me living out east of Tucson in southeast Arizona.