Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the site now. Nothing has changed in the last day or two since the most recent pictures were posted there is a convenience store and a Subway looks like the convenience store may be open 24 hours will double check on the way home right now skipped over to Baggins sandwiches to use the DC fast charger over here and have lunch

IMG_20170930_110750295.jpg
IMG_20170930_110727316.jpg

Can't wait until this is operational. Would have made it a lot easier to get the needed miles on board to get back to Safford. There's a fairly stout east wind today so going to increase my buffer a bit.

Still learning what to expect under different circumstances.

• Informative
Reactions: otter and Acps110
View attachment 251004
View attachment 251005

Can't wait until this is operational. Would have made it a lot easier to get the needed miles on board to get back to Safford. There's a fairly stout east wind today so going to increase my buffer a bit.

Still learning what to expect under different circumstances.
The website for this Shell stations says it is a 24-hour operation. The Subway inside the Shell is not. One of your photos shows the new asphalt has been laid.

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier
The layout here is unusual with the staggered chargers meant to be approached from both sides of the island. I hope the stalls are clearly marked. I can seesomeone coming here for the first time, backing in and then realizing they should be on the other side. Or at least I can see me doing that; hopefully others won't have a problem.

I just stopped by to take new pics, but there was no progress. A guy sitting in his car at the site started talking to me about it. Turns out he was the construction manager. He was waiting for an inspection person to approve what they have done so far. No further work until they get the approval.

He said there was still a lot of work to do. I threw out 3 more weeks as a discussion starter and he just said said at least.

I'm guessing he was thinking more like a couple of months
Well, about 5 weeks from when the construction guy said a lot of work is still ahead. Seems like 95% of the work is done.
Hopefully another 2-3 wks at most.

Funny the variance in development time. A Supercharger opened near my daughter in Harrisburg, PA yesterday and the first post about it here was less than a month ago. We’re now at 10 pages of posts for this site indicative of how badly this site is needed.

Reactions: tmoz
Funny the variance in development time. A Supercharger opened near my daughter in Harrisburg, PA yesterday and the first post about it here was less than a month ago.

Yes, but the first post was pics of construction so it was already pretty far along. There have been (rare) cases of a supercharger just popping up in the Nav without anyone noticing a permit or seeing the construction. More commonly there are cases where the supercharger isn't noticed until construction is in progress.

Funny the variance in development time. A Supercharger opened near my daughter in Harrisburg, PA yesterday and the first post about it here was less than a month ago. We’re now at 10 pages of posts for this site indicative of how badly this site is needed.

That and all the full sized images I have been posting. :)

Reactions: tmoz
That and all the full sized images I have been posting. :)
Other than perhaps the entire state of North Dakota, it’s hard to think of a more overlooked location than Tucson. The new Harrisburg location that I mentioned is only 20 miles from another Harrisburg Supercharger. I would have thought Tesla would have just expanded the existing location, but I realize they are influenced by targets of opportunity and Sheetz, the new location, has apparently partnered with Tesla on a bunch of sites. Too bad we don’t have a similar corporate sponsor in AZ to encourage Tesla to add sites. Tucson could use another one on the Northwest side and if Harrisburg is an indicator, I’d think there will be another one in that vicinity eventually.

Other than perhaps the entire state of North Dakota, it’s hard to think of a more overlooked location than Tucson. The new Harrisburg location that I mentioned is only 20 miles from another Harrisburg Supercharger. I would have thought Tesla would have just expanded the existing location, but I realize they are influenced by targets of opportunity and Sheetz, the new location, has apparently partnered with Tesla on a bunch of sites. Too bad we don’t have a similar corporate sponsor in AZ to encourage Tesla to add sites. Tucson could use another one on the Northwest side and if Harrisburg is an indicator, I’d think there will be another one in that vicinity eventually.

Harrisburg, PA is a location with a large diversion. The new location is much closer to the Interstate.

It's worth remembering that Tesla signs 5-year leases and we could see some of the earlier locations abandoned or deprecated as they are able to get better deals. (Harrisburg wasn't until 05/2016, so it's not one of the really early ones). Additions are likely to be in better locations.

I think that Tucson, AZ was always likely to depend on the completion of I-10. Until Tesla was ready to make the I-10 connections Tucson, AZ was a leaf on the network.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tccartier
If I'm not mistaken I think Globe Arizona was also on the map as a future location that would really be nice to make traveling to Phoenix a little easier from out State over here on the east side of Arizona and those coming out of the valley heading north out of Globe. It just keeps getting better I always have to remind myself that just a few short years ago there was no such thing as the supercharger Network

The Tucson SC is looking sharp. The paving and concrete is done, spaces are painted, and the signs are up. Half of the spaces (five) are dedicated Tesla only parking and the other five are 30-minute general parking. (These spots are closer to store.) There is a palate of wire sitting (covered) on the transformer pad. There is no indication if the cabinets and other electrical equipment will be fenced. 9225 S Rita Rd Tucson. I-10 at S Rita rd.
IMG_5770.JPG
IMG_5771.JPG
IMG_5772.JPG
IMG_5773.JPG
IMG_5774.JPG

These things can't get open soon enough they would have saved my bacon today. Got over to the evgo chademo charger on Valencia and it was not operational hadn't planned on that little snag. Had to divert up to the Embassy Suites on skyline which is where I am now getting charged up at the destination chargers here. Not as fast as CHademo, but I do have dual Chargers so I'm getting a solid 80 amps and just a bit over 50 miles per hour, still going to take two and a half hours longer than I planned so goes the EV13521.jpeg Life :)

"UPDATE" At the Tucson S/C site now. convenience store desk clerk stated the units will be operational this coming Friday.
Tucson electric power is going to install the transformer on Thursday morning, test and button things up. Stated that someone from Tesla is to be here Thursday as well.

I could not be more exited. View attachment 252690 View attachment 252691

Take the word of a store clerk with a grain of salt. There are still a few more hurdles to cross before Tesla will send a tech to bring this station online.

Reactions: PLUS EV