Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tucumcari, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOT open! I'm here at 11 am and no meter is installed. Looks ready but no power and no meter.There is a truck here from xcel power but no one around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 609
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 574
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 570
I stayed at the Albuquerque Sheraton last night, 6.5 hours of charge, left at 230 rated miles. Only 40 amp Charger but perfect for overnight and special parking right in the entrance!
Heavy winds today causing me nightmares with range. Cold temps and wind really sapping the juice. At KOA Tucumcari now, picking up some power at 40 amps just to make Amarillo and the 80 amp HPWC at the Holiday inn Express there. I could really have used this Tucumcari supercharger today. People often do not account for high winds and cold eating away at mileage.

I stayed at the Albuquerque Sheraton last night, 6.5 hours of charge, left at 230 rated miles. Only 40 amp Charger but perfect for overnight and special parking right in the entrance!
Heavy winds today causing me nightmares with range. Cold temps and wind really sapping the juice. At KOA Tucumcari now, picking up some power at 40 amps just to make Amarillo and the 80 amp HPWC at the Holiday inn Express there. I could really have used this Tucumcari supercharger today. People often do not account for high winds and cold eating away at mileage.
Where did you find "the 80 amp HPWC at the Holiday inn Express there"? Not on Tesla destination nor plugshare.com.

Thanks again, you just confirmed my backup plan going across there. Plan A is to range charge in Shamrock and make it to Tucumcari superchargers (if online). Plan B is the Holiday Inn HPWC or Tucumcari RV park. What temperatures and wind are you running into? It has not been cold here so I had not given much thought about the temperature lately, I was more concerned about elevation. That explains why you range charged in Santa Rosa to make Amarillo, I had been wondering why a range charge was necessary.

Does anyone have an update on this location? I called the Holiday Inn Express again this morning and they said there were 'cones in front of it'. I'll be by there about 9a. tomorrow morning and will try to find out exactly what is going on. I'll post the result.

Just be sure to use the Holiday Inn Express destination chargers in Amarillo, one closest to the transformer worked at 80 amps if you have duel chargers. There is a large movie theatre just across the busy street, I watched a movie, walked back to my car and drove away charged
enough to make the Supercharger at Shamrock.

Last edited:
I was squeaking past Tucumcari yesterday in an 85D from Shamrock to Santa Rosa. I called the Holiday Inn Express, really needing a bit of a boost and the manager said it was not up, yet. I wanted to drive in to check but couldn't spare the 1 mile it would have taken. I saw no cones up around it.

I should have taken the advice, above, to stop at the Holiday Inn Express in Amarillo for a boost from their HPWC. However, with slow driving, I made it in to Santa Rosa with 11 left on the battery.