Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tucumcari, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Near the end of our 4,200-mile-round-trip drive from NM to MD and back, today we stopped at the Tucumcari supercharger on a crazy windy day, gusts easily over 40mph, and found the supercharger fenced-in area damaged. Specifically, the "fence" if you can call it that -- cheap vinyl "walls" and doors that the wind easily blew down.

I called Tesla and they told me to email 'em photos which I did, so they're on it.

Also noticed strange behavior on first charger we pulled up to, 3B. I plug in, run off to rest room, come back, and notice the battery has added maybe 2-3 miles of charge, and the miles per hour is in the 200's, but the kW is like 5 and quickly heading to, then stopping at, zero! What's up with that!? So we disconnected, moved to another spot, and charged with 110+ kW normally. Then I noticed all the wind damage. Photos below:

IMG_4846.JPG

IMG_4847.JPG

IMG_4849.JPG

IMG_4850.JPG

Wow, that "protection" is obviously just to keep honest people out. The new rural ones in TX don't even have a fence, so I guess not a big deal. Interesting that all the cabinets are locked except the middle one, which just has a tamper clip.

Wow, that "protection" is obviously just to keep honest people out. The new rural ones in TX don't even have a fence, so I guess not a big deal. Interesting that all the cabinets are locked except the middle one, which just has a tamper clip.
It is a big deal, with the reports of vandalism and/or theft at several California superchargers this month.