TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Tuggerah, NSW

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Chuq, Jun 2, 2019.

1. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Thanks for this!
    Just had to head up to Newcastle with no warning, it was reassuring to know Tuggerah was there. Didn't need to, but I popped in to charge just to check it out- easy peasy with your instructions! 108kW charge rate into the P90D @SOC about 50%

• Informative x 1
  2. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I also used this. It's so handy being able to do an unplanned trip to NC and being able to drop in if low.
    I wish I had read @rohan3au 's directions, took me a few minutes in the blinding rain to find the thing...

• Like x 1
  3. Rockford

Rockford Member

One tip, raise your suspension up one notch when leaving, the speed hump at the top of the ramp caught me going down. No problems with any of them going up. There is a nice cafe inside the shopping centre in the middle part.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. scully

scully Member

Review by Tom

• Like x 1
  5. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Sigh ... coils ...

6. brendon1970

brendon1970 Member

Has anybody tried going from Tuggerah to Goulburn in an S90D yet?

I had a look at ABRP and it claimed that a 94% charge should cover it.

We will be trying to bypass Sydney heading south in about six weeks with an option to call in to the Mittagong NRMA charger for a quick boost before climbing the hills.

7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Should be a piece of cake at 277kms.
    My 75D still gets about 360km real range. There is an elevation increase, but you should still be fine.
    Just keep an eye on the trip consumption as you go. Plenty of destination chargers if you feel like you won’t quite make it.

• Helpful x 1
  8. mrpseudonym

mrpseudonym Member

Thanks @rohan3au probably wouldn’t have found it without your directions.

I can also confirm that the fire stairs in the corner of the car park is the fastest route to Bunnings. There has to be a business case for a Bunnings/Tesla relationship

• Like x 1
  9. TezzaB

TezzaB Member

Just curious if anybody knows if there is anywhere decent to get some food at this location at around 7:30pm on a Thursday night? Will be driving from QLD to Canberra and tossing up between having a long stop here and then trying to get to Goulburn without going through middle of Sydney or just going though Sydney and stopping there.

10. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I don't know for sure, but I doubt there's much open within walking distance.
    There are plenty of fast food joints within minutes drive of there though, you might want to pick something up to eat while charging.

11. scully

scully Member

There are pedestrian links to the other side of the station(maccas) and westfields. If you feel like exploring while the car charges, walk down the ramp you drove up. There is a footpath heading under the road. Follow this. I think it should be all finished and link up by now, but can't guarantee.

12. TezzaB

TezzaB Member

Thanks guys - ended up going through Sydney on way down so skipped Central Coast but am heading back to Queensland early next week and will probably go from Goulburn to Central Coast as don't want to drive through Sydney during the day.

13. TezzaB

TezzaB Member

I got from Canberra to Tuggerah in my S70D bypassing both Goulburn and Sydney so I don't think you will have any problem getting to Goulburn in a 90D.

• Informative x 2
  14. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Impressive. What percentage did you arrive with?

15. baillies

baillies Member

Yes, impressive! Did you need to stay under 110kph?

16. TezzaB

TezzaB Member

Left Belconnen with 99% and arrived at Tuggerah with 14% left. Sat on speed limit all the way except for a bit of traffic coming round Sydney. Think the downhill helps as consumption on that leg was lower than the rest of the trip (and much lower than heading from Sydney to Canberra a few days earlier).

• Informative x 2
  17. brendon1970

brendon1970 Member

Ok, reporting back, we headed up there this past Thursday into the gathering storm system that SE australia is currently enjoying. Left Tuggerah 90% arrived Goulburn 20%. Cold day, into a headwind, with rain falling higher in the ranges, 3 adults, child and luggage on board. Drove at the speed limit all day. So quite doable.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1