Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tuggerah, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to turn towards Bunnings, go all the way past to the last entrance on the left into the shopping complex then around the back of all the loading docks, then you’ll find the ramp to the roof at the end on the left. Up the ramp, can’t miss the chargers.
Thanks for this!
Just had to head up to Newcastle with no warning, it was reassuring to know Tuggerah was there. Didn't need to, but I popped in to charge just to check it out- easy peasy with your instructions! 108kW charge rate into the P90D @SOC about 50%

• Informative
Reactions: smithy
Has anybody tried going from Tuggerah to Goulburn in an S90D yet?

I had a look at ABRP and it claimed that a 94% charge should cover it.

We will be trying to bypass Sydney heading south in about six weeks with an option to call in to the Mittagong NRMA charger for a quick boost before climbing the hills.
Should be a piece of cake at 277kms.
My 75D still gets about 360km real range. There is an elevation increase, but you should still be fine.
Just keep an eye on the trip consumption as you go. Plenty of destination chargers if you feel like you won’t quite make it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tension
Just curious if anybody knows if there is anywhere decent to get some food at this location at around 7:30pm on a Thursday night? Will be driving from QLD to Canberra and tossing up between having a long stop here and then trying to get to Goulburn without going through middle of Sydney or just going though Sydney and stopping there.

Just curious if anybody knows if there is anywhere decent to get some food at this location at around 7:30pm on a Thursday night? Will be driving from QLD to Canberra and tossing up between having a long stop here and then trying to get to Goulburn without going through middle of Sydney or just going though Sydney and stopping there.
I don't know for sure, but I doubt there's much open within walking distance.
There are plenty of fast food joints within minutes drive of there though, you might want to pick something up to eat while charging.

There are pedestrian links to the other side of the station(maccas) and westfields. If you feel like exploring while the car charges, walk down the ramp you drove up. There is a footpath heading under the road. Follow this. I think it should be all finished and link up by now, but can't guarantee.

Yes, impressive! Did you need to stay under 110kph?

Left Belconnen with 99% and arrived at Tuggerah with 14% left. Sat on speed limit all the way except for a bit of traffic coming round Sydney. Think the downhill helps as consumption on that leg was lower than the rest of the trip (and much lower than heading from Sydney to Canberra a few days earlier).

Has anybody tried going from Tuggerah to Goulburn in an S90D yet?

I had a look at ABRP and it claimed that a 94% charge should cover it.

We will be trying to bypass Sydney heading south in about six weeks with an option to call in to the Mittagong NRMA charger for a quick boost before climbing the hills.

Ok, reporting back, we headed up there this past Thursday into the gathering storm system that SE australia is currently enjoying. Left Tuggerah 90% arrived Goulburn 20%. Cold day, into a headwind, with rain falling higher in the ranges, 3 adults, child and luggage on board. Drove at the speed limit all day. So quite doable.

I will be taking delivery of my Model S in the next few weeks and taking it home to Hawks Nest, NSW. I would like to do an experimental charge en route at the Tuggerah supercharger but try as I might I can't see how to get to it!
If my reading of Google street view is right it's on the roof of a car park behind Bunnings but for the life of me I can't see how to access it - help!