Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tuggerah, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's way past Bunnings.
You carry on past the Bunnings car park, then past the shopping building on the left, and then turn left at, what looks like, the service entrance for the shopping centre. You cross the little roundabout and carry on around the back of the building until you come to another roundabout and a sign showing a 'No Entry' to Bunnings. You take a sharp (switchback) left up the ramp and then turn sharp right at the top of the ramp.

Reactions: Wol747
I just saw this Supercharger is marked as "Temporary Closure" in the phone app and showing the location pin with a white slash across it. I haven't been out to my car to see if there is any better detail there. In Plugshare someone charged there successfully yesterday, so whatever is happening is new today.

Any ideas what might be going on there?

EDIT: ...and now it's back. Wonder what a 2-3 hour "temporary closure" is?

Last edited:
I used a Tuggerah SC last Thursday, no problem, and was going to on my way back North on Sunday but carried on to Heatherbrae so can't comment on that.
What DID surprise me was bottoming the car at the top of the ramp when exiting. I always put it into highest suspension because of the sharp drop to the ramp and never had it bottom before, I think if it was left in anything other than very high you might have issues!
This is where you really need voice recognition of suspension commands: you are making quite sharp turns at the top and at the roundabout at the bottom - fiddling with nested menus isn't a fantastic idea. Still, you can make fart noises......

Interesting to hear about the ramp @Wol747 . Any model 3 users having similar problems? The 3 can’t lift itself up, so I wonder about damaging my car if I use it.
I have only charged there a couple of times (2021 Model 3 LR), most recently maybe 6 months ago. I definitely didn’t scrape on anything but I do remember the ramps being steep-ish.

Reactions: Hairyman
I don't have the numbers to hand but probably the MS is a little longer than the M3 so would need a bit more height. Many of the previous times I've used Tuggerah I have as well as raising the suspension to max angled the car across the ramp as I go over the top "lip" but then again sometimes I haven't been able to because of opposing traffic coming up and haven't scraped anything.
Probably it always comes very very close to scraping and that time it just went over the edge!

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
I don't have the numbers to hand but probably the MS is a little longer than the M3 so would need a bit more height. Many of the previous times I've used Tuggerah I have as well as raising the suspension to max angled the car across the ramp as I go over the top "lip" but then again sometimes I haven't been able to because of opposing traffic coming up and haven't scraped anything.
Probably it always comes very very close to scraping and that time it just went over the edge!
Thanks @Wol747 I wondered if that might be the case.

I've been up and down the rooftop ramp a dozen times but I've twice had the car bottoming at the top even with the suspension at the highest setting (Model S). It must be marginal clearance at the best of times. Anyone else?
Yeah, it's painful. My M3 used to scrape every time, but I've found that if I go wide (and risk being hit by someone coming around that blind corner) and go over at an angle, I can sometimes manage it. But your Model S is longer...

Yeah, it's painful. My M3 used to scrape every time, but I've found that if I go wide (and risk being hit by someone coming around that blind corner) and go over at an angle, I can sometimes manage it. But your Model S is longer...

Surely there must be design standards for such public driveways? If a Tesla bottoms out, so would most sedans from Merc, Audi BMW etc.

Sportscars are even lower again.
It's probably the long wheelbase combined with the low battery.

Reactions: Maximillan
To explain a little further why this particular site is a challenge: the superchargers are on the top of a SuperCentre building, with access via a concrete ramp at the rear. However, the ramp is a reasonably steep one, and at the top there's a raised metal plate like a speed bump, which I assume is there to protect the join with the roof level. The vehicle is already at a bad angle to the carpark at the top, and it's difficult not to scrape along the plate if you're going straight as you go over.