Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tukwila, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likely locations are the Southcenter Mall, or some place nearby like the Target. Or the Jackson Food Store/Shell near the intersection of 599 and I-5. They already have some EV charging there, but there isn't a ton of space.

Reactions: ijoe13
Likely locations are the Southcenter Mall, or some place nearby like the Target. Or the Jackson Food Store/Shell near the intersection of 599 and I-5. They already have some EV charging there, but there isn't a ton of space.
I’m thinking Target is a good bet since several of the newer installs were in a Target parking lot.
There was a report last year that Tesla and Target made a deal to have chargers at 42 Targets nation-wide (list in the quoted Tweet in the article - Lacey is listed but Tukwila isn’t):

Reactions: 3'sterly and ijoe13
Looks like the Tesla Supercharging site shows this as having a Q1 2022 completion. But I still don’t have any idea where it will be, so curious if anyone has any details?
If you live in the area and have some free time….. Poking around places like the mall and airport might yield some results. Once in a while we get surprise locations that were missed by permit sleuths

Just found a One Call ticket! The address (333 Strander) looks like it's closer to the starbucks than the target. Ticket mentions the excavation area is marked, so maybe someone could swing by and report.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 12.37.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 12.37.53 PM.png

Tukwila, WA

Host Type: Mall
Host: Southcenter Plaza
Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-5

To: Seattle - Northgate, WA - 19.4 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Edmonds, WA - 27.1 miles