Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tully, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the exact problem there is between Scranton and Binghamton now, too. A V3 somewhere halfway would be ideal. Looking forward to stopping at the Tully SC soon!
Scranton/Binghamton is not as bad as Carlisle/Scranton! That stretch is challenging for my bladder, much less my car! (well, not too bad on the car, but really would be nice to have a stop somewhere in between to give some options). I do love the love that I-81 in NYS is getting. Just wish PA would follow suit.

Weird, I was coming down 81 Saturday night (6-7pm) and it did not show up in my car. I had to precondition to Destiny USA even though I was going south.
That is weird. I drove by at 10:30am and about 3pm...showed up both times. Wasn't the only one in the car that saw it so wasn't just seeing things. ;)

When I say showed up, I just mean I saw the red marker with the number of stalls available on the map. I didn't try clicking on it or routing to it.

Reactions: fiehlsport
Any official word on the Whitney Point supercharger other than the map doesn’t reflect it anymore? Central NY is severely lacking superchargers and Whitney point was a good spot for both 81 and 206. Coming from eastern NY on rt 88 into Cortland would definitely benefit, back tracking into Ithaca or Tully isn’t very efficient. The Adirondack region is also very sparce. Compare New York to Massachusetts where superchargers appear more densely. Is NY serious about supporting EV's?

Any official word on the Whitney Point supercharger other than the map doesn’t reflect it anymore? Central NY is severely lacking superchargers and Whitney point was a good spot for both 81 and 206. Coming from eastern NY on rt 88 into Cortland would definitely benefit, back tracking into Ithaca or Tully isn’t very efficient. The Adirondack region is also very sparce. Compare New York to Massachusetts where superchargers appear more densely. Is NY serious about supporting EV's?

As far as your last question, doesn't sound like it. Considering that they have a law against Tesla opening more stores and all of the State Highways rest stops are severely lacking of Level 3 chargers. The State talks a good game about going "green" though.

Was looking forward to the Whitney Point SC location as well. Hopefully they put this back on the list of locations.

With the new magic docks (saw my first one at the Batavia SC), hopefully the State will allow Tesla to install SC at all of the State Highway rest stops. Would make road tripping across the State much more enjoyable and efficient.

We're losing The Spot diner - the Chargers will remain, but the diner is closing/has closed. I'm looking at (depending on the route now) - Roscoe, Then Dansville (If I go via 390) or Tully if via 81 - Both are more to have charge when I get to Rochester